Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Temporary Fix for Lock Screen Backgrounds

Default Temporary Fix for Lock Screen Backgrounds
    First i would like to thank the community here for all the great help and tuts, i purchased an iphone yesterday and modding has been extremely easy.

I am using 3.0 firmware and Bomber INav and could not get the lock screen background to show up. The theme has the background in the theme root folder along with an html file.

*THIS IS IMPORTANT*
    It wouldn't work until i deleted the html file in the theme folder. After that i respring and voila. Lock screen background works. I don't quite understand why the html file won't let it load in 3.0 but that seems to fix the problem.

-thadjarvice-

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThadJarvice For This Useful Post:

Neilvx (2009-06-28)

Nice one

I just renamed the file to LockBackground(disabled).html so I can just delete the (disabled) bit to reinable the file if required
    Last edited by Neilvx; 2009-06-28 at 12:44 PM.

Just make sure you have this in your LockBackground.html: (Assuming your Lockscreen image is called "LockBackground.png")

body {
    margin: 0;
    background: url(LockBackground.png) no-repeat;
    }

Default Makes Battery Screen Active as well
    Went to go to sleep... plugged in my phone and the html file was also messing with the battery wallpaper too... so it should fix both.

-thadjarvice-

Quote Originally Posted by toddtaylorr View Post
    Just make sure you have this in your LockBackground.html: (Assuming your Lockscreen image is called "LockBackground.png")

body {
    margin: 0;
    background: url(LockBackground.png) no-repeat;
    }
    I've done this and it works, but it persists far less than the User Lock Background theme in winterboard. With the html wallpaper it will display the background after a respring, but not long after it'll just go black until the next respring. The WB lock background doesn't seem to suffer this problem (or doesn't suffer as badly).

Has anybody found a real solution to this yet?

I had this issue but it was only when I had the Eraser 2 theme running. All my other themes don't give me that issue. Coincidence? Not sure. Wish there was a real fix for this though.