Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get themes onto my iPod

Default How to get themes onto my iPod
    There have been a number of topics about this, and some were helpful, but not so much with the whole SFTP thing. I'm not good at that stuff, but there is a theme that I've downloaded that I want on my iPhone. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Thanks

The best way to get themes is to download them through Cydia or Icy and the apply them via WinterBoard (separate install). WinterBoard/Cydia save themes to / > Library > Themes. There are several applications that will allow access to system files without SFTP. Otherwise, install OpenSSH (follow the instructions in Cydia), and use an FTP application that supports SFTP (most do; lots free). Themes are in the same location. I created custom themes and upload them to my iPhone (lock screen, colors, icons, etc). I've done the same for SBSettings (themes located in a different location). Don't worry, this is all easy stuff!

I intalled OpenSSH, but there were no instructions that I saw in Cydia?

Thanks

On the Home of Cydia page, if you scroll down, there is a selection "OpenSSH Access How-To."

Eh. I did it most of it, but I didn't accept. I don't want my IP address anywhere that people can find it. I never had to do that on Windows. Not really worth it.

Thanks

Are you not on a private network? You just need the IP address of the iPhone (that should be set to static - meaning it doesn't change; try a DHCP reservation on your router). Even if people get you IP address, what are they going to do? The iPhone's IP is a local address (not public.) Btw, I would definitely change the SSH password (done through Mobile Terminal.)

But, try DiskAid: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/. That will let you access your iPhone's system files through USB.

Here are some directions. Also, if you install SBSettings, there is a on off switch for ssh. once you are done, you can turn ssh off

How to SFTP Winterboard themes

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. install winterboard
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide / PC WinSCP--Wiki Guide)

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

Thanks Scoop! DiskAid is what I had before on Windows, I just didn't remember the name of it. I know how to use that and it's much easier.