Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keyboard & SMS Themes For 3.0?

Default Keyboard & SMS Themes For 3.0?
    Has anyone produced either of these...i know all the old ones will not work with the 3.0 software and i fear if i have to type on this keyboard for much longer i will throw my phone

I'm after this answer too! Been looking it up everywhere.

Thanks

We are looking for the solution. Once we find this solution we will be able to get winterboard patched.

cant wait! i hate my keyboard lol...but i love my iphone

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAlexander View Post
    Has anyone produced either of these...i know all the old ones will not work with the 3.0 software and i fear if i have to type on this keyboard for much longer i will throw my phone

lol same here, any updates on this? anybody?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Keyboards have not been updated to 3.0, file location changes is what I am told by developers.
    As far as SMS, if you want to change the bubble color you can SSH into here and change.

SMS Bubbles 3.0 change:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework
    Just replace Balloon_1.png for SENT and Balloon_2.png for RECEIVED.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

gabster508 (2009-07-10), starski (2009-07-09)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Keyboards have not been updated to 3.0, file location changes is what I am told by developers.
    As far as SMS, if you want to change the bubble color you can SSH into here and change.

SMS Bubbles 3.0 change:
    Awesome, it worked! thanks, any idea if this kind of changes can be made to the background and or sending bars as well? (just to change the color?)
    thanks

Question lil help here
    so i can find that no problem and im pretty sure i can figure out the background change too but when i ssh and copy to my desktop to change the color etc i get blank png files any reason for that? i cant even open in ps to get the image size requirements etc...

any help would be appreciated!

SMS Bubbles 3.0 change:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It's a parse error in P/S, Easy way is put the images inside a folder to view them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2009-08-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    so i can find that no problem and im pretty sure i can figure out the background change too but when i ssh and copy to my desktop to change the color etc i get blank png files any reason for that? i cant even open in ps to get the image size requirements etc...

any help would be appreciated!
    any idea on how to change the background? I did the bubbles already but wanted to change the background. Thanks

Default bubbles
    Well i still cant see the png files and yea its a parse error i hear that fireworks would enable me to be able to view them so i guess ill try that next... But thanks to blkcadi i was able to make these new bubbles

feel free to save those as and then use them here
    SMS Bubbles 3.0 change:

I have tried almost every file in there now that made sense for the background i would have to think it is somewhere else but i have no clue where so if anyone knows let me know , i think once i got that part i could almost make a new complete theme for Messaging not sure if i can make it winterboardable but i can atleast provide the images

SMS Bubbles 3.0 change:
    How do you know which one is sent and received? Sorry if i sound dumb but can you explain what it is i need to do?

Thanks, and has anyone found any keyboard themes that work on 3.0 yet?

Cheers

if you look at your phone the bubbles in your chat window go one direction for send and one direction for receive The blue png file above is for send and the yellow is receive in the folder in your phone they are named balloon 1 and balloon 2 just replace them with these new png files and there ya go

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    if you look at your phone the bubbles in your chat window go one direction for send and one direction for receive The blue png file above is for send and the yellow is receive in the folder in your phone they are named balloon 1 and balloon 2 just replace them with these new png files and there ya go
    Yes i now have this sorted, it took me a while but when i did it i felt like kicking myself as it was so easy

Cheers for the new bubbles mate
    Last edited by iMister; 2009-08-15 at 12:21 PM.

Default SMS background
    No guys, still no one can do it, we are all working to figure out background replacement...

Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com - iPhone Wallpapers - Gallery

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomarts View Post
    No guys, still no one can do it, we are all working to figure out background replacement...

Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com - iPhone Wallpapers - Gallery
    you actually can change it, you have to add the repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com/ and add the app setwallpaper

once you do that you go into how your normally change your wallpaper and select an image you want to be your SMS background and click the left "i" in the top left of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by remz08 View Post
    you actually can change it, you have to add the repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com/ and add the app setwallpaper

once you do that you go into how your normally change your wallpaper and select an image you want to be your SMS background and click the left "i" in the top left of the screen.
    A few problems with this.

1. Its an unsavoury repo.

2. It only works with the native sms app not with biteSMS for example.

3. When you go landscape it doesn't work so well unless the wallpaper has no image that looks wrong in landscape.

4. No way of turning it off (unless you press the right i and respring? I didn't try that)

5. I don't trust it when you press the left i some Chines writing comes up (god knows what bootywhack code it might be running).

So I promptly uninstalled it.

i posted this already but to customize your own sms background, follow this video: YouTube - how to put SMS wallpaper on iphone 3g and 3gs 3.0 and other cracks

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    A few problems with this.

1. Its an unsavoury repo.

2. It only works with the native sms app not with biteSMS for example.

3. When you go landscape it doesn't work so well unless the wallpaper has no image that looks wrong in landscape.

4. No way of turning it off (unless you press the right i and respring? I didn't try that)

5. I don't trust it when you press the left i some Chines writing comes up (god knows what bootywhack code it might be running).

So I promptly uninstalled it.:
    besides this, tried it as well, and 1 thing i did notice, with it applied, you can not remove labels on either docked or undocked icons, (who knows why)
    also went ahead (as nice as it looked), and unistalled it