Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: Where is the .PNG file located that sets global icon transparency/style?

Default Help: Where is the .PNG file located that sets global icon transparency/style?
    Hi all,

I recently upgraded to 3.0FW and in restoring my iPhone to it's original state I have remembered all but one thing.

That annoying rounded glossy icon that defaults to some icons.

I have my own custom theme that addresses most icons, but still some will tend to show with the UIPrerenderedIcon glossy bubble.

I remember from my earlier themeing and jailbreaking efforts, there is a .PNG file somewhere on the iPhone in one of the folders to which UIPrenderedIcon refers, or at least that affects whether or not globally most icons will appear as they were created or in this iPhone icon style bubble/emboss.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?? What is the name of the file and directory I am thinking for that needs to be deleted, removed or replaced to stop adding the glossy look by default to icons (without having to edit all the .plists for every bloody app for the UIPrerenderedIcon string).

Thanks in advance.

To answer my Q it was AppIconShadow and AppIconOverlay.png which go in UIImages of Winterboard themes.

But unfortunately mine are there and don't go away, any idea if this was broken with FW3.0?

bug with winterboard?
    Last edited by twat420; 2009-06-23 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost