Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Fix for 3.0 SMS themes not applying

Default Quick Fix for 3.0 SMS themes not applying
    In order to apply winterboard themes to areas such as SMS I have found a simple fix.

In SSH or Finder, go to Stash/Themes/*Your Theme*/Bundles

To fix an SMS theme, rename it from com.apple.mobilesms to com.apple.chatkit

This may help in fixing other winterboard 3.0 problems, technically all you need is the bundle name and rename a few things to apply them correctly. If anyone finds the keyboard bundle, etc, let me know.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edcheese For This Useful Post:

simes6600 (2009-07-10), theguy386 (2009-06-21), whateverman24791 (2009-06-23)

Thanks

i'll try this, if it works, then I'll <3 you forever

EDIT: my theme doesn't have a bundles folder so I don;t know what to do...
    Last edited by xwinger; 2009-06-21 at 01:47 AM.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Hmm here is the structure of my theme

private/var/stash/themes/fallout pip boy/bundles
    I then renamed com.apple.mobilesms to com.apple.chatkit

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what files do you have in your "com.apple.chatkit"??

I'm trying to apply a background for my sms, but I cant remember if the file is supposed to be named "wallpaper.png, background.png, etc"

nope that quick fix not working for me

bubbles are working but not the wallpaper
    Last edited by swalsugmass; 2009-06-21 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried doing this and it'll change the text bubble colors but won't change the background, which is really the best part for me....

yeah I just noticed I can't get ones with backgrounds to work. Couldnt find a wallpaper.png or anything, but I'l keep looking

the closet thing to a bg within the chatkit folder i can find is MessageEntryBG.png but changing my wall paper to that still doesnt change the bg.

yeah same here. i extracted all the files from the chatkit and they cant be opened for some reason.

change there file name from .....png to .jpg some can be viewed then some cant.

i got the bg working on other parts of the sms screen the MessageEntryBG.png changes the bg of the text entry section and no the main bg, i did this by moving the bg file into the com.apple.chatkit folder.
    Last edited by swalsugmass; 2009-06-21 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think i will stick with 2.2 for now and wait.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    oddly enough... my keyboard theme comes back when i'm adding new sources on cydia.

truly odd

Quote Originally Posted by banilla16 View Post
    oddly enough... my keyboard theme comes back when i'm adding new sources on cydia.

truly odd
    Well please share with everyone what sources you are adding that are bringing your keyboard back!!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by edcheese View Post
    In order to apply winterboard themes to areas such as SMS I have found a simple fix.

In SSH or Finder, go to Stash/Themes/*Your Theme*/Bundles

To fix an SMS theme, rename it from com.apple.mobilesms to com.apple.chatkit

This may help in fixing other winterboard 3.0 problems, technically all you need is the bundle name and rename a few things to apply them correctly. If anyone finds the keyboard bundle, etc, let me know.
    worked like a charm!

is this where the keyboard is on 3.0 located /system/library/framworks/UIKit.framework
    i still cant change the sms background with the steps suggested above

sweet gonna try this.

Is there a fix on how to put SMS background on 3.0 yet??=[

WOW!!! IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT SINCE 3.0 Came Out!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! GENIUS

Thanks

@trdragons44
    The Default-smsanswer.png is just a loading/splash screen when launching Messages. As far as I know the SMS backgroung hasn't been solved yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast