Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: issues in winterboard 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default issues in winterboard 3.0
    So after reading it seems I'm not the only one with problems in winterboard 3.0. Currently things that arent really working for me are:

Lockbackground.png's
    battery lock themes
    keyboard theme
    sms themes

anyone else get these to work?
    any other issues anyone else is having that I didnt list?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to theguy386 For This Useful Post:

mickeyyxd (2009-09-09)

I don't have any issues with the battery lock themes.
    The other things listed have changed, new keyboards, new messaging app, so I don't think it's a problem with winterboard but with the themes not being updated yet.

when i close apps, the status bar closes with them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    So after reading it seems I'm not the only one with problems in winterboard 3.0. Currently things that arent really working for me are:

Lockbackground.png's
    battery lock themes
    keyboard theme
    sms themes

my battery lockcreen theme works
    as well as the lock screen wallpaper
    i also figured out the bubbles for sms with winterboard just dunno the background

and no luck on keyboard at all
    Last edited by REAPERDAGREAT13; 2009-06-21 at 09:14 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REAPERDAGREAT13 View Post
    my battery lockcreen theme works
    as well as the lock screen wallpaper
    i also figured out the bubbles for sms with winterboard just dunno the background

and no luck on keyboard at all
    how do you have your lockscreen setup in your theme?

I have my "LockBackground.png" in the main theme folder, but no show

Thanks

how do you have your lockscreen setup in your theme?

I have my "LockBackground.png" in the main theme folder, but no show
    exactly like that

/My Custom Theme/LockBackground.png

anyone know why the status bar closes when you close an app?

Lockbackground.png's
    battery lock themes
    keyboard theme
    sms themes

I have an issue with the winterboard icon, (i have a 8gb 2g iphone with 3.0 on it, JB made on my OSX), after installing winterboard, the icon was not showing, instead it took the icon of another app, such as facebook now, and is the same till now.
    I have installed SBSettings before installing it, and SBS is working fine as far as I can tell.

I dont know if anyone else has this issue, but please let me know if there are any other steps that should be made to have it fully working.

Thank All, and please message me if anything comes up.

N.D.

Quote Originally Posted by svtfmook View Post
    I noticed the same issue too by the way.
    Last edited by ndproductions; 2009-06-21 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by svtfmook View Post
    I have the same problem except it closes whenever I open an app and then will suddenly reappear before it closes again. I'm using a theme though so I'm not sure if that has any affect on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the only problem so far that i have encountered with winterboard is some of the widgets for the lock screen will stop your lock screen background from appearing

Instead of being Bundles/com.apple.MobileSMS, SMS themes need to be moved to Folders/ChatKit.framework (talking about WinterBoard themes).

Apple shuffled around keyboards in 3.0, probably renaming the PNG's because they added new features. It'll be fixed soon enough, keep on the lookout wherever you got your keyboard theme.

Battery works fine for me.

If you're desperate for a LockBackground, just set it to your wallpaper...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zwaldowski For This Useful Post:

gandalfgreen (2009-06-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zwaldowski View Post
    instead of being bundles/com.apple.mobilesms, sms themes need to be moved to folders/chatkit.framework (talking about winterboard themes).

Apple shuffled around keyboards in 3.0, probably renaming the png's because they added new features. It'll be fixed soon enough, keep on the lookout wherever you got your keyboard theme.

Battery works fine for me.

If you're desperate for a lockbackground, just set it to your wallpaper...
    this has already been answered in other posts
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button

Gf had the disappearing status bar on her fone (3.0fw) and un-checking 'solid status bar' in winterboard solved it for her...

Hi to all,
    I for one instance really like the solid bar always present, and now whenever I enter an applications and press the home button, the status bar disappears...

Do you think this will be fixed?

I have the same problem, and I don't even have the solid status bar theme, I deleted it, along with all the others I don't use... to conserve space on my 8Gig.
    I think its a problem with Spring Jumps personally... anyone have this "disappearing status bar" issue and is NOT using spring jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by fiNker View Post
    Gf had the disappearing status bar on her fone (3.0fw) and un-checking 'solid status bar' in winterboard solved it for her...
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I have the same problem, and I don't even have the solid status bar theme, I deleted it, along with all the others I don't use... to conserve space on my 8Gig.
    I think its a problem with Spring Jumps personally... anyone have this "disappearing status bar" issue and is NOT using spring jumps?
    I'm not using Spring Jumps nor have I selected "Solid status bar" through Winterboard. This issue is rather annoying because I rely on the status bar for the time

Well then, its definitely a winterboard issue.. and yes, very annoying, I have to keep locking and unlocking my phone to see the damn time!!

Quote Originally Posted by babyybee View Post
    I'm not using Spring Jumps nor have I selected "Solid status bar" through Winterboard. This issue is rather annoying because I rely on the status bar for the time
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Default ?
    Quote Originally Posted by REAPERDAGREAT13 View Post
    this has already been answered in other posts
    how do you do all this? can someone walk me thru the specifics?

can someone walk me thru the specifics of how to do the moving of the sms themes as described above?
    Last edited by sizulya; 2009-06-28 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Figured it out....
    OK guys, for those of you with the disappearing status bar, I found the problem... there should be a info.plist file on the root folder of your theme. Open the file using notepad (Windows) and look for these commands...

<key>StatusBarMode</key><string>1</string>

<key>StatusBarContentsMode</key><string>1</string>

Delete them and your status bar will stop disappearing... for whatever reason, winterboard apparently doesn't deal with these commands well in 3.0

You may have to tweak some of your x_BG images, and perhaps some of your Default_x & FSO_x (com.apple.springboard) images to compensate.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

babyybee (2009-07-01)

I've installed Winterboard 3.0 (0.9.2939-1) on my iPhone 3g w/ FW 3.0. For the life of me I cant seem to get the dock to theme. It's alway present with the default Apple supplied dock image. I've tried un-instaling and deactivating things like Five Icon Dock, Five Col SpringBorad, but nothing helps. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

I have noticed that my dock icons all have reflections, but I dont have the Reflective Dock installed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast