Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 sms themes

Smile Background Info
    Quote Originally Posted by West- View Post
    We got the balloons, just the Background is the issue
    Hope this helps.....

This is a mobile Substrate addon to wallpaper on
    homescreen and sms background working on 3.x firmware. Its located in cydia:
    IphoneSch Source: iphonesch.iespana.es/repo/

Once installed, go to photos and select any photo click on use wallpaper.
    On this wallpaper screen in the top left you see 2 explanation marks on either side:

- Right side mark if pressed will set homescreen background with confirmation
    - Left side mark on wallpaper screen if pressed will set message screen background with confirmation

I can confirm this works with apple mms client, but it did not change the bitesms background.

sorry, what do i download in cydia to get this to work? i added that source, but is there a program i download? thanks

PM me for sms background workaround.

Default change background theme in SMS
    To change the theme for SMS on 3.0, you need to save your desired picture as SMSBackground.jpg and SSH it to /user/library. Note, it's a jpeg not png.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbuffalo For This Useful Post:

Navec245 (2009-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuffalo View Post
    To change the theme for SMS on 3.0, you need to save your desired picture as SMSBackground.jpg and SSH it to /user/library. Note, it's a jpeg not png.
    Thanks. Now it works in the default app. I am running iRealSMS. I selected the Apple UI but the background does not change here. Any suggestions?

One other thing. Enabling is causing some sort of conflict where no matter what I do, the icon and dock labels show up. Can you help?
    Last edited by Navec245; 2009-08-19 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, i made the change, and then copied it to /user/library. and its still not working, any advice as to what im doing wrong?

Default SMS Background
    Also, this has prevented my docked icon labels from being transparent. Anyone else installed this set wallpaper app and tried transparent docked icon labels?? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by phatboyfromla View Post
    Also, this has prevented my docked icon labels from being transparent. Anyone else installed this set wallpaper app and tried transparent docked icon labels?? TIA
    Same problem here. I hope the app creator can address this.

Yeah, same problem, fixes my SMS background, but makes my spring board look crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by deathofallthings View Post
    Yeah, same problem, fixes my SMS background, but makes my spring board look crappy.
    Yeah its a horrible trade off....it was nice to see my sms background but all my icons were gone....we are getting close! Also the user/library jpg trick didnt work for me either

There is a Winterboard update. The background change now works there in the default SMS app.

Now I need to get the background to work in iReal SMS

how do i change the background of the first page in the sms app i had changed it before in 2.2.1 but cant remember ni. anyone no how to?

Thanks

WinterBoard was updated today to support SMS backgrounds now, so no need for the wallpaper add-on.

EDIT: Nevermind. This has already been posted.
    Last edited by iTJ; 2009-08-21 at 05:21 PM.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    WinterBoard was updated today to support SMS backgrounds now, so no need for the wallpaper add-on.

EDIT: Nevermind. This has already been posted.
    Does this work with 3rd party ones like biteSMS or just the native one?

Is I blind or is I stoopid?? Updated winterboard but I can't see the option for sms backgrounds??
    Last edited by muffins; 2009-08-21 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

To be completely honest, I'm not sure about 3rd party SMS apps as I don't use them.

For it to work for the native SMS app, name the background SMSBackground.png and place it in the main folder of the theme you're using. There isn't an opinion to enable it. Either there is an image or not.

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    To be completely honest, I'm not sure about 3rd party SMS apps as I don't use them.

For it to work for the native SMS app, name the background SMSBackground.png and place it in the main folder of the theme you're using. There isn't an opinion to enable it. Either there is an image or not.
    Ah right, so just like the background of a theme

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    i just found were the bubbles are you can change them manually they are here

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework
    What do you use to open a framework file

Woohoo!! the update to the sms on winterboard also changes the background on biteSMS!!

Crud just discovered a flaw

When you use sms in the horizontal the background doesn't cover the whole screen it gets cut off on the right a good bit.

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!! lol

Problem solved all you need is to have the background @ 480x480 woohoo!!!!!

Triple Edit: Going back and looking at the sms background png I made it 720x480 not 480x480

I don't know if 480x480works lol
    Last edited by muffins; 2009-08-21 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    Woohoo!! the update to the sms on winterboard also changes the background on biteSMS!!

Crud just discovered a flaw

When you use sms in the horizontal the background doesn't cover the whole screen it gets cut off on the right a good bit.

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!! lol

Problem solved all you need is to have the background @ 480x480 woohoo!!!!!

Triple Edit: Going back and looking at the sms background png I made it 720x480 not 480x480

I don't know if 480x480works lol
    Wait can you explain that again....which one did you take and edit??? I would like to have the horizontal one work too....do you have 2 different background files in there?

Quote Originally Posted by cilldo View Post
    how do i change the background of the first page in the sms app i had changed it before in 2.2.1 but cant remember ni. anyone no how to?
    Under the theme folder /Folders/MobileSMS.app

Change Default.png and that will change the first screen when SMS app is loading

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast