Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 sms themes

I have ripped apart every directory and file and I have come to a conclusion...
    There is no image assigned to the SMS background, its assigned a color. Notes has 2 separate background images, 1 for portrait mode, and 1 for landscape... and a code routine to make it switch.

SMS has no images, and no routine.... just a background color that never changes.

I am certain that the ONLY WAY we will ever be able to add a custom background image to SMS, is by way of a JB tweak that adds the image change routine and calls up the specific images.

Until some dev comes up with a tweak like this, and i'm quite sure they ALL have bigger fish to fry right now, the only hope we have is to possibly change the SMS background color.

Stop driving yourselves nuts.... you're searching for something that doesn't exist!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Hey how do you change the background colour? it would help if you can tell me in "for dummys" format because im sorta new to this. thanks

I havn't tried to figure that out yet, but i'll let you know when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GKap View Post
    Hey how do you change the background colour? it would help if you can tell me in "for dummys" format because im sorta new to this. thanks
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GKap View Post
    If you read this discussion, you would know that the background is the main item everyone is working on.

Hey guys, bit of a noob question but was hoping you could help me out.

Where would the sms background theme be located (what is the file name) on my orbz theme? I downloaded it as a complete theme and it is loads in the background on 3.0 when I open sms and then reverts back to the basic theme. I want to delete it because it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 0okami.digital View Post
    I modified one and when i launch the app i see the modified image (picture of the app)
    I modified 5 defaults and see no difference. Which image did you alter?

::THOUGHT::

when respringing some of the images have take a few resprings to take. maybe theres an image cache somewhere that can be cleared out?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Stop driving yourselves nuts.... you're searching for something that doesn't exist!
    I'ts not driving me nuts personally. I have different sms balloons and ui but the background is not that big of a deal. just a fun challenge.

I wonder where we could change the color though. That might be just as good

fyi if you can figure that out, you can figure out where the image can go.
    Last edited by WRECK; 2009-07-01 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yea i have been. im not talking about the picture, the guy said somthing about him changing his colour of the sms background. thats what i was talking about

iPhone? More like MyPhone West-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Ok the files that dont have an extension, Does anyone know what type of files they're? and how to read them

EDITk now ive found something that could be what were looking for but I really not completely sure "setTextAlignment: graycolor LOAD_PREVIOUS"

I could try to edit this to a different color but im not sure what program to use to convert it completely so I can edit it?
    Last edited by West-; 2009-07-01 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by West- View Post
    Ok the files that dont have an extension, Does anyone know what type of files they're? and how to read them

EDITk now ive found something that could be what were looking for but I really not completely sure "setTextAlignment: graycolor LOAD_PREVIOUS"

I could try to edit this to a different color but im not sure what program to use to convert it completely so I can edit it?
    I think that changes the color text on the preview screen. that's the only gray I know of.

You could try to change it. the white backgound should be like #FFFFFF.

also, I don't know what program to use other than "notepad" or whatever html /css editor you use.

Quote Originally Posted by WRECK View Post
    I modified 5 defaults and see no difference. Which image did you alter?
    Default-smsanswer.png
    That just does like a pre-app-load image.
    ~0okami

Quote Originally Posted by edcheese View Post
    Theres no way to do it in WB? I don't want a permanent change
    I have a jailbroken 3G running on a customized 3.0 via pawnage and I'm on a Mac. I SSH'd into my phone and I changed the name of my com.apple.MobileSMS file to com.apple.chatkit within the Bundles folder of the theme itself and the Balloon_1 and Balloon_2 files show perfectly. No need to make a permanent change as you put it. This way you will only change the actual theme you are wanting to change.

That only changes the bubbles though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What about the dialer keypad? that was something that was moved too, and had to be modified for landscape. just a thought
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

bump just incase anyone found anything.

Great thread guys...hoping someone figures this out...i have the xsellizes theme called mario and the background makes it amazing...without it i just have clouds for bubbles LOL

Default ...
    i'm not on here much but i do love messing with the phone... did anyone notice that when you change MessageEntryBg.png it does get applied behind the "Send" button and to the left of the text entry box... the new image actually stretches as your message gets longer and flips to landscape mode just fine...

anyone else notice that when you change the bubbles, the tail will only point to one side. whichever side your balloon_1 points to, both will point that way.

it's annoying me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi guys,

i was just reading through the thread....i remember back in the 1.1.4 days and the 2.x.x days there was never an image in the MobileSMS.app for the background

But then Saurik updated winterboard so that if you put the png named
    SMSBackground.png in your "active" theme folder it would be the background behind the texts.....

so i could be wrong here but it was my understanding at the time that when Saurik released that update that it was a code that runs in winterboard that put that image there, just like how the Wallpaper.png is put as your background....same idea there both colors not images

So i think that Saurik is the the one that has to update winterboard to change the code that inserts the SMSBackground.png from the MobileSMS.app to the ChatKit.framework folder...

so i dont think there will be a sms background until he does that....

let em know what you think
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    Hi guys,

i was just reading through the thread....i remember back in the 1.1.4 days and the 2.x.x days there was never an image in the MobileSMS.app for the background

But then Saurik updated winterboard so that if you put the png named
    SMSBackground.png in your "active" theme folder it would be the background behind the texts.....

so i could be wrong here but it was my understanding at the time that when Saurik released that update that it was a code that runs in winterboard that put that image there, just like how the Wallpaper.png is put as your background....same idea there both colors not images

So i think that Saurik is the the one that has to update winterboard to change the code that inserts the SMSBackground.png from the MobileSMS.app to the ChatKit.framework folder...

so i dont think there will be a sms background until he does that....

let em know what you think
    saurik would have to find the code to replace as well. that's exactly what we're trying to do. saurik may have a better shot as this is his occupation and the rest of us are just hobbyists. you might need a little more knowledge of winterboard/code.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniel26 View Post
    Yeah, i'm having the same problem, i thought it might have been something i did, but i see now that it wasn't. This is frustrating, what good are cool looking Balloons without an AWESOME custom made SMS Backgrond. Sheesh!

Well, i have been searching and searching, until my eyes are now starting to blur and cross. LOL!

I have still been unable to find the SMS Background.

Although, under PrivateFrameworks there are a LOT of PNG files all of which i have extracted to FixPNG and looked at, none plain and boring like the original SMS Background for the 3.0 update and none at the correct size either.

So i'm literally baffled.

Although i did find ONE PNG file that was called JibblerBackground.png which is the correct background size, but JibblerBackground is also blue and i know the background for SMS isn't blue. So, yeah, that's my update, i'm gonna keep looking for a bit. Hopefully soon someone will find a way to change the SMS background.

Thanks for all your help!

the sms background is actually blue.. very light blue.. definitely not white.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast