Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 sms themes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    is anyone else having problems with png's not loading anymore? i used to be able to ssh folder and open them on my computer and be able to see what each image was without opening... not anymore with 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by emberlon View Post
    Definately found keypad.png... but my image editors can't read it... its in the private frameworks folder, TelephonyUI... see if anyone else can do something with it.

In the "Keyboard" folder.

Anybody else having any luck? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by banilla16 View Post
    is anyone else having problems with png's not loading anymore? i used to be able to ssh folder and open them on my computer and be able to see what each image was without opening... not anymore with 3.0
    The reason you can't view the images by default is that you need to flip the channels first. This is nothing new in 3.0, certain app icons were definitely like this in 2.0 as well. In fact that's the sole reason I have the software to flip the channels already on my machine, from theming in 2.x. You use a program called FixPNG to do this...you can Google it or I'll add a download link to the bottom of this post for convenience. Copy the png files into the "png" folder and then run iPhoneFixPng.exe and click Convert, the fixed images will be in the "fixed" folder and will be viewable in Windows.

FixPNGWindows - hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/zdr180

And here is what the keypad.png from /privateframeworks/TelephonyUI looks like after running it through FixPNG...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, i'm having the same problem, i thought it might have been something i did, but i see now that it wasn't. This is frustrating, what good are cool looking Balloons without an AWESOME custom made SMS Backgrond. Sheesh!

Well, i have been searching and searching, until my eyes are now starting to blur and cross. LOL!

I have still been unable to find the SMS Background.

Although, under PrivateFrameworks there are a LOT of PNG files all of which i have extracted to FixPNG and looked at, none plain and boring like the original SMS Background for the 3.0 update and none at the correct size either.

So i'm literally baffled.

Although i did find ONE PNG file that was called JibblerBackground.png which is the correct background size, but JibblerBackground is also blue and i know the background for SMS isn't blue. So, yeah, that's my update, i'm gonna keep looking for a bit. Hopefully soon someone will find a way to change the SMS background.

Thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by stephaniel26; 2009-06-25 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Read this post on how to change bubble via winterboard. I did it and it worked on mine.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...-balloons.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brigette View Post
    Read this post on how to change bubble via winterboard. I did it and it worked on mine.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...-balloons.html
    It's the wallpaper problem we need solved. We have the balloons figured out.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Wallpaper guess?
    anyone else think it could be an HTML file like some of the themed regular wallpapers? Think about it.. the HTML theme backgrounds change from time to time.. and the sms background changes when landscaped. It isn't impossible is it? something to look into, and I will keep hunting as well. By the way thanx for the png fix app! helped a lot.

please,someone fix sms lol....

subscribing in case someone finds a fix...
    ~0okami

I have been searching and converting since I unltrasn0w was released and I could finally upgrade to 3.0. Still no luck...I will continue searching, Lets find these backgrounds!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Found a default SMS in [root]/Applications/MobileSMS.app/Default-smsanswer.png

nothing happened when replaced it with a different version.

This is rather irritating. I've been through every image available and nothing.

I can only guess 2 possibilities:

Could it be in "accelerate". This is a behavior based on the accelerometer (being flipped to landscape/portrait). Perhaps it is an all white background built into "accelerate"

Which leads me to the next possibility;
    There might not be a file at all. The ChatKit framework includes everything EXCEPT the background PNG.

So, if there is none, Where could we put an image?
    Either way, I'm sure someone will find a way.
    Last edited by WRECK; 2009-06-28 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i think he might have something there.
    it would make sense if they removed a background image therefore making it impossible to "replace" an image. the only fix then would be create a process of some sort that would add an image to the sms.

another thought is that...notes app has a background..and it also suppots portrait and landscape...soo..i dunno.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Notes and SMS
    The notes app is a very good point. Why would apple change SMS wallpaper but not notes? Seems counterproductive.. Which leads me to believe there is something we are missing. A few posts up someone mentioned something about accellerator.. Can you provide the path to get to it? Thanx.

how do i get to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework??? does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by chstriker11 View Post
    The notes app is a very good point. Why would apple change SMS wallpaper but not notes? Seems counterproductive.. Which leads me to believe there is something we are missing. A few posts up someone mentioned something about accellerator.. Can you provide the path to get to it? Thanx.
    The accelerate might not be that helpful.

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Accelerate.framework

Quote Originally Posted by sizulya View Post
    how do i get to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework??? does anyone know?
    Are you serious?

You just gave the entire sequence. What exactly are you asking?
    Last edited by WRECK; 2009-06-30 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where do i find this on my mac or my iphone... if iphone where is it? settings? or where... im not familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelxmora View Post
    i think he might have something there.
    it would make sense if they removed a background image therefore making it impossible to "replace" an image. the only fix then would be create a process of some sort that would add an image to the sms.

another thought is that...notes app has a background..and it also suppots portrait and landscape...soo..i dunno.

I opened /Applications/MobileNotes.app/Default.png , I then edited the image to test this out. no change. But there are 30+ images that make up the UI Which support portrait or landscape for "Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by sizulya View Post
    where do i find this on my mac or my iphone... if iphone where is it? settings? or where... im not familiar...
    You have to jailbreak and use a program to look at the files on your phone. If you're unsure about files etc, I wouldn't mess with it.

google "iphonebrowser"
    Last edited by WRECK; 2009-06-30 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could the new notes that support landscape be the same as the sms bubble as so far as the application can manipulate the image so that it takes up the whole space when rotated? So for instance the line and background in the notes app when rotated get manipulated in the same way as the text bubbles do, thus leaving with no real background image?

one way to find out... edit them all with an X and save the originals and then rotate... see if they changed. I'd do it but im late for work already.
    ~0okami

Quote Originally Posted by 0okami.digital View Post
    one way to find out... edit them all with an X and save the originals and then rotate... see if they changed. I'd do it but im late for work already.
    I'll do this when i get home.

It's interesting that apple included all these "default" backgrounds that don't do anything.

I got some free time coming up to dig through some *.artwork files, but i need someone to explain real quick how to extract the *.artwork coming from Iphone 3.0. Just another place to search.

Also, could it be the SMSBackground.png was commented out somewhere? Can we look at the 2.2.1 and see how/where it specifies the use of the SMSBackground.png? strings? Just brain storming with little info, sorry.

or can someone zip up the mobileSMS from a 2.2.1 and post it up somewhere for me to look at?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WRECK View Post
    I'll do this when i get home.

It's interesting that apple included all these "default" backgrounds that don't do anything.
    Defaults do actually do something - when you launch the app, the zoom in effect, that's what that image is. I modified one and when i launch the app i see the modified image (picture of the app) zoom in and then the app appears but the modified image disappears. think of it like a "splash screen".
    I got an idea for this coming up later.
    Last edited by 0okami.digital; 2009-06-30 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ~0okami

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast