Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hiding the calendar date

Default Hiding the calendar date
    is there anyway to hide it? so that theres just the icon?

If you go to the calender app in the Apps directory then it is just a blank calender icon. If you are talking about on your Springboard I have no clue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

go here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6224
    and download the theme....
    In the zip there is a folder called /CalendarMask ...you probably don't want to use mine (unless your using that theme) but there is a .txt in there as well that explains the CalendarMask method.... I use the method to cover the numbers with a translucent (50% transparent) layer so they numbers are grey instead of black, but if you did a solid (0% transparent) layer over it, it would mask the numbers all together.

thanks unclear for the tip, worked good for me!

I'm pretty sure if you edit the Info.plist in the MobileCal.app and remove the SBIconClass key, that would disable the calendar date from displaying.

Sounds like a Customize switch to me

sure you can remove or just move the calendar icon. But thats not what were refering to. We want to hide the date from displaying altogether. This is possible if you look at my Face summerboard them.

You misunderstood my post.

please explain, I appologize if I was wrong

He didn't say anything about removing or moving an icon. He said to edit the info.plist in the calendar app to remove it.

how would you do that?

I would (Windows) copy the file to my PC with iPhoneBrowser, convert from binary to XML with plutil.pl and edit with emacs. Then copy back with iPhoneBrowser.

Or (iPhone) use Erica's plutil to remove the setting.

Remove the following from Applications/MobileCal.app/info.plist:

Code:
    	<key>SBIconClass</key>
    	<string>SBCalendarApplicationIcon</string>
    This will remove the date but leave your summerboard icon. I used BBEdit to modify the .plist file directly.

tl;dr, so sorry if this is posted.

What you COULD do is replace the icon to the left of the calendar with an icon that's 3x as wide as normal, make the left 1/3 transparent, have the icon you're replacing in the center 1/3, and make a calendar icon on the right 1/3.

The icon to the left should overlap the one to the right, and the transparent space makes sure it stays centered and doesn't cover up another icon.

Might look a little wierd when the icons are all flying onto the home screen, but it's hardly noticable. I still use the old wallpaper method of replacing an icon with a ginormous icon that fills the whole screen and it looks fine.

umm, i have made a package on my installer repo that will hide the date... pm me if interested.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent;</string>
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: black;</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Save the as Info.plist and drop it in your top theme
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wgm214 For This Useful Post:

Gregorio (2009-03-08)

brill, cheers.

Check out cydia. I just uploaded a theme that hides the calender date and modmyi already has it up. Its called "no calendar date". If u download it feel free to thank me in this thread:P

Yeah, just seen that on there. Don't suppose you know how to move the date down a few pixels, do you? I don't want to remove it, just shift it down so it aligns with my icons.

i dont know of a way to move it sadly, all the theme does is make the day and date transparent. You could just photoshop a date onto the icon however but it wont be accurate:/
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im messing around with a plist file that came with a theme. if you change the value of a certain statement it does move the date up or down. The theme is the iBold Blackberry Bold theme if you want to grab it and start messing with the plist file.

Basically you change the numbers that are after 'position' in the file.

EDIT: this is what I ended up with. in the 'CalendarIconDateStyle' part the 'top:' value changes the vertical location of the date. Make it bigger to move it down. I have it set at 5 right here because I wanted to move it up. Default was 11px.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC

"-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-

1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>

<string>width:59px;height:59px;position:absolute;c olor: #000;font-size:

25px;font-weight: bold;position:absolute;top:5px;text-align:center;text-

shadow: 0px 1px 0px black;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>position:absolute;margin-top:-

13px;width:51px;color:;font-weight: bold #fff;font-size: 9px;padding: 18px

0 0 ;border-top: 2px groove #555;text-align:center;border-top: 2px groove

#555; color: white; text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px rgba(255, 255, 255,

0.7);</string>

</dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by steaky; 2009-03-10 at 10:11 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steaky For This Useful Post:

Gregorio (2009-03-10), wgm214 (2009-03-10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast