Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme installation woes........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default Theme installation woes........
    Oops, I meant to stick this in the proper forum, please move

I want to install Iphone_remastered.ipb on my phone. I have only had the phone for a few days so I am getting the hang of everything as I go.

I have BSD, dock, installer, summerboard, customize, and rsbt installed on my phone through trial and error and a few restores

The idiot proof installs from installer seem to be my friend at this point. I downloaded the theme from the downloads section now I just need some good straight instructions on how to get it on the phone make it work, and please make them idiot proof as possible. I have searched and searched and just want to get it over with at this point.

I have Ibrick on the PC for communications with the phone since I seem to have better luck working with it than other programs on my MAC.

Here's my current theme and some of what I have installed. It's not a virgin by any means, I just need a little tech support on how to do this.

Teach me to fish....

OK, here's what I did......

I used ibrickr to upload everything in the theme folder to a folder I made that I called "remastered". This folder was placed in /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/

I went into the phone and chose it in summerboard, but it simply reverted back to the default theme. I don't seem to have done it correctly. Infact I know I didn't, but I don't know what else to do with the files.

These are the files I unpacked, there was not a dock or anything like that in there.

Last edited by one1; 2007-09-22 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Awww, automerged double post. Bad boy you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh