Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where are the 3rd party application icons in my iphone?

Thanks
    Default where are the 3rd party application icons in my iphone?
    Hi there guys, i just wanted to know where are the icons for the specific 3rd party applications are in my iphone. this includes the locations for the istore apps and cydia apps.

I have finally decided on the design of the icons i want and i want to convert all the icons that i have in my phone to that design. I cant seem to find it. Damm apple and this weird file system. Hard to grasp the logic of the directory system.

Unless someone out there has amassed all the icons of all the 3rd party applications in a convenient zip file that i can just chuck in the icon folder of my theme.

Thanks

Never mind guys, i found it already..

If anyone is interested The programs from iStore, and cydia are divided into the following folders

/Applications

/var/stash/Applications

/var/mobile/Applications

Why its in 3 different folders, well that's for another person to answer.

Update..

Well theres a problem... Unlike the /Applications folder, where i can get into the specific folder and copy the Icon.png and rename it to be used, the Icon.png from the var/mobile/application folders wont seem to open. When you view the gaphic you dont see anything and it wont open on Photoshop.

I wonder why that is, oh well i need to find another way to get the icons, anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Jekmyster; 2009-06-17 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Google all the way...

If your using Winterboard all you gotta do is place all the icon images in the same folder..... /Icons in the main theme folder.

Thanks
    Yes cpjr, but i need the original 3rd party icons like for the games and stuff so that i can edit them and place them in the /icons folder so that it will go with the theme i'm making
    Google all the way...