Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help please...

Default I need help please...
    Hey everyone how's it going. I recently jailbroke my iPod touch 2g and I've installed winterboard. Once I installed of the only theme I downloaded was that wood shelf theme. Today I downloaded another and tried it but it didn't work. After I selected it, it loaded like it was about to use it, sent me to the lock screen and once I unlocked I found that I still had the same theme on. I then proceeded to check if I had checked the theme and unchecked the shelf one which I did and no cigar. I then just figured it was the theme so I downloaded a few more which also had the same result. Finally I uninstalled the wood theme and it was gone but none of the other themes worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled WB but I always get the same result. Even after I reinstalled the wood theme later on, it was the I my one that worked. What am I doing wrong? Please help! Thanks ahead of time
    mikeG

any suggestions?
    Last edited by Gugmi01; 2009-05-24 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you reboot your iPod after installing Winterboard?

the first time I insalled it I did

ok so I found out it's an even bigger prob than I thought. Any app that I use which I change settings in don't save. For example Im using the backgrounder app and I turned off the badge feature. It resprings but the option doesn't save and the badge feature is still on. This happens for any app I use. Any help??
    Last edited by Gugmi01; 2009-05-25 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

why not restore/re-jailbreak again and see if problem persists.
    Just may help to see if you have a hardware or software problem.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to MMi.

thanks blkcadi.
    i would but than i would lose all my ********** apps and their data...is there a way to back them up

Thanks

I believe you may be referring to something this forum does not condone as I do too.

I suggest you search around other forums or google.

Seems to me that getting your iPod to work properly would be the priority here. Just sayin'...........O.o

ah sorry didnt realize that heh.
    i guess your right though haha. couldnt find my problem on google anyways, im referring to the winterboard problem.

Thanks

there are apps in Cydia, aptbackup and appbackup that will help restoring easier a bit easier after your re-jailbreak and set it up.

Alright sweet will that save my app data? Like saved games ect