Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringBoard Modding

Default SpringBoard Modding
    Hello,

While exploring the iphone folders through WinSCP, I noticed the SpingBoard.app folder. I see that there are all of the files associated with the springboard (obviously) such as applelogo and battery_background. If I was able to change these files through photoshop, would anything bad happen to the iphone? Will it even work? When I try to open the files it says "cannot complete your request because the file-format module could not parse the file." Is there anyway to get around this? If I make a new file and name it the same thing, such s applelogo.png and replace the other one, would this work? Thanks a lot.

-Adam Weglarz.

The png files on the iPhone are not a standard format. You can convert them using some programs for Mac and Windows (e.g. iPhoneBrowser converts them on copy for Windows). You can download most png files preconverted from the MMi downloads section.

If you put a regular png in place of a special one, it will work fine. Theoretically, you may be hurting performance.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

'Some programs' ... Any names or titles? Would be a great help, Thnx!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

use this program to convert the files from the iphone version to the editable version.

put them in the png folder, run iphonefixpng.exe and they will be in the fixed folder, edit them, put them onto your phone your done. no need to change them back.

changing the files wont do anything to your phone. i have changed just about every image file there is on mine and nothings wrong so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything for Mac,with direct links please?