Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All My Icon Labels are missing!! HELP!!!

Default All My Icon Labels are missing!! HELP!!!
    Hi guys... desperate for help!! all my phone's icon labels are missing... I'm using a jailbroken 2.0 iPhone 3G. Winterboard's "No Docked Icon Labels" & "No Undocked Icon Labels" are both off... I dont have any idea wats happening. Even when I hold on to the icons, the icons shake but the "x" doesnt appear on the App store apps. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

AdriX

what theme are you using?

I'm having this same problem, seemed to have occurred after a Cydia update, however I wasn't paying attention to what was updated.
    I've tried enabling/disabling the setting in Winterboard, too, and I've rebooted the iPod a few times. Turned ALL things off in Winterboard as well. I'm totally stuck here, help is greatly appreciated.

Default icons
    had the same prob.

uninstall winterboard (make a note of your themes b/c this will uninstall all of them)

after reboot, reinstall winterboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ntcvision For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2009-05-14)

Ok, I'll try that out, thanks. I'll reply with results.

Edit: Seems to have worked. Thank you, kindly.
    Last edited by MrGreencastle; 2009-05-13 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntcvision View Post
    had the same prob.

uninstall winterboard (make a note of your themes b/c this will uninstall all of them)

after reboot, reinstall winterboard

thanks for the tip

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I'm thinking this may have something to do with the new Supreme Preferences. My friend did the upgrade and this evening he calls to ask me what happened to his phone cause he lost all the icon labels.
    We did as the post above and they are back working again.
    Huh

Okay, nevermind. The problem came back as soon as I re-installed everything back on from cydia.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-14 at 07:20 AM.

Default Icon Titles Missing
    I agree with blkcadi. It happened to me when I upgraded Supreme Preferences. After I upgraded I first had to make sure Supreme Preferences was checked in Winterboard in order to see the new Supreme Preferences icon. After I got the new icon I had to click (launch) it and scroll down to the Supreme Preferences link and launch it. Then you will see "Welcome to Supreme Preferences" with a listing of settings you can change. Launch "Mobile Substrate" and make sure it shows "Hide Icon Labels" as OFF (you may want to turn it ON then back OFF to be sure). Afterwards I turned the "Respring" to the "ON" position and it will automatically respring your phone. Once it returns to your home screen you should see your labels again!
    Last edited by HackMan714; 2009-05-14 at 07:18 PM.

mandrep714

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HackMan714 For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2009-05-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HackMan714 View Post
    I agree with blkcadi. It happened to me when I upgraded Supreme Preferences. After I upgraded I first had to make sure Supreme Preferences was checked in Winterboard in order to see the new Supreme Preferences icon. After I got the new icon I had to click (launch) it and scroll down to the Supreme Preferences link and launch it. Then you will see "Welcome to Supreme Preferences" with a listing of settings you can change. Launch "Mobile Substrate" and make sure it shows "Hide Icon Labels" as OFF (you may want to turn it ON then back OFF to be sure). Afterwards I turned the "Respring" to the "ON" position and it will automatically respring your phone. Once it returns to your home screen you should see your labels again!
    Yup, that was it. My friend had me going crazy last night. When I realized that (me) after I did the Sup. Pref. upgrade I had to reset everything. SO after deleteing re-installng several times I woke up and got it to work O.o dah.............