Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Battery Questions, Size and Percentage

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Custom Battery Questions, Size and Percentage
    A friend of mine wants me to make a custom battery for him in photoshop. Creating the images for the battery is no problem, but I have some questions about the size requirements.

Is there a specific size the battery pngs have to be? Is there a maximum they can be?

Also, I see some themes have the percentage numerically displayed. Where is this info pulled from? Or do I have to create 100 images that say: 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% etc etc up to 100%?

I would like to create a battery that fills up corresponding to the amount of charge the battery is holding.

Thank you in advance,
    Chaos

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone ever created a battery image larger than the stock size?

The stock battery image is 264 x 129. You can create a battery image a little larger than the stock, but if its two big the phone won't display an image. I haven't messed with the size two much. But you can mess with it to see what happens. Just remember to back up the stock images, or download a stock theme.

With the percentages, the only one's I have seen are just breaking it down into the 17 different images that make up the battery. If you have the name of one that brakes it down into individual percentages I will take a look at it for you and see if I can figure out how they did it.