Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Needs Help With Custom Dialer :(

Default Needs Help With Custom Dialer :(
    I really don't know where to go from here. It seems that the call button slice will not fit in between the add contact and delete slices. I've come so far but I can't go any further without some assistance.

I've uploaded the psd file to filefront. no waiting in line
    just 1 click to get psd.

http://files.filefront.com/LatestBar.../fileinfo.html

Again thanks to everyone who is trying to help out

any chance I can get someone to look this over?
    Last edited by QuakeSocrates; 2009-04-27 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I downloaded the image file, but I'm not at my computer to take it apart to look at it. Are you creating one image to work for the dialer and the three buttons on the bottom (call, add contact, and delete)? The dialer is two images by itself. They are called dialerkeypad.png and dialerkeypad_pressed.png. The three buttons on the bottom each have their own file name. They are: addcontact.png, addcontact_pressed.png, callglyph.png, callglyph_big.png, delete.png, and delete_pressed.png. All you have to do is create each one, name them correctly, make sure they are the correct size, and they should line up correctly. Hope this helps!!

Cheers!!!

thats the thing not sure exactly how many components are necessary to change the entire theme. Its aggravating because not all the pngs are in the same directory. I'm gonna work on what you have given me above and go from there.

thanks for the help btw

To completely skin the dialer, what iTJ listed is every image you need. And those are all located in the same folder

Now, if you want to skin more than the dialer in the phone app, then yeah...there's more to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

QuakeSocrates (2009-04-28)

well I've been giving it the ol' college try and its clear that there is more problems than I was aware of.

here is a picture ( the add and call and delete slices are not mine and wont be used except for a template )

the problem is clear. The Add Contact and Delete buttons are smaller than the call button and so they leave a gap.

do I just fill in the gaps with w/e I want?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled-2.png  

I just downloaded off this site the "Rebel Flag Dialer" "WoW Dialer"
    "SusanWayLandDialer" "Money Dialer" "Blue Diale" "Green Apple Dialer"
    and every single one of them had different sized add contact button/delete buttons and callglyph buttons.
    Now if these dialers work than I must of missed the part where you could resize the splices to w/e you want. None of the add contact splices are in sync with the delete button splices. This is driving me nuts lol.

Thanks

Depending on what the goal of the dialer will look like, can depend on the size of the buttons (I could be wrong). I downloaded several themes as well and was having a hard time at first. Then, I download the stock iPhone dialer from here:

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Stock Dialer Graphics

It took some tweaking to get to where I liked it (I'm picky). I know it can be aggravating at times, but stick with.

The image sizes I ended up with were:
    addcontact.png - 107x64 pixels
    delete.png - 107x64 pixels
    callglyph.png - 108x68 pixels
    (The same follows for their counterparts)

I hope this helps.

Cheers!!!

Here's what my dialer looks like at this moment, I'm still working on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0017.png  

Thanks

One thing I failed to mention earlier was that you can add an effect to the call button when it's pressed by using two other images. They're callbkgnd.png and callbkgnd_pressed.png. It took me an hour or so to get it to where I was satisfied. The call button was the most irritating.

Here's a link so you can download my dialer. It's part of my complete theme, so I just called it MacBook Air Dialer. It has all the files you should need. I finished it last night.

MacBook Air Dialer

Take it apart and check it out. It's not fancy or anything, but you,ll have an idea of how it's set up. here's a pic of the dialer when loaded via WinterBoard.

Cheers!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  

yeah that's a dialer to be proud of. Its so much more rewarding when you can skin your own

Thanks

Thanks. Keep it up and you'll have one to be proud of too.

Good Luck!!