Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where do i put this dock file?

Default where do i put this dock file?
    Ive missed out a lot on customizing iphone' s and i forgot everything about it since 1.1.2, I'm on 2.2.1 now.

so where do i put this Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com - iPhone Wallpapers - View File

do i have to download this or just copy it and save it to desktop?

ps. i still remember how to SSH, but now that i upgraded to 2.2.1 everything changed so i don't know where to put this anymore.

Have a look here and all will be revealed...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooterpig For This Useful Post:

tifa (2009-04-14)

but do i have to install something first from installer or cydia like customize or winterboard like how i did last time, but i suppose everything is different now since the last time i did this.

so i just put it in

The Dock
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

and restart my iphone and then it'll show up right away? i don't have to install something or do anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by tifa View Post
    but do i have to install something first from installer or cydia like customize or winterboard like how i did last time, but i suppose everything is different now since the last time i did this.

so i just put it in

The Dock
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

and restart my iphone and then it'll show up right away? i don't have to install something or do anything else?
    Yep just replace the dock with the one you want, respring and wala..

unfortunately it didn't work, i think it has something to do with the file i'm trying to put in.

do i have to download the file? i just right click and chose "save image as" to my desktop, do i have something else to do with the file to make it work, i already renamed it SBDockBG2.png

. . ?
    Last edited by tifa; 2009-04-15 at 09:31 PM.

If you are on Windows & using iPhoneBrowser just go to the location, right click on the file on right column and select Replace File. That should change it to the one you want, then Respring.

that's exactly what i did except i used cuteftp, do i have to use iPhoneBrowser instead?

i think this method just doesn't work with the iphone firmware 2.2.1 anymore, don't ya think?

btw i really appreciate you helping me Scooterpig, you're the only who replies.

problem solved

this link provided me wrong instructions Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com - iPhone Wallpapers - Gallery

it says name it to SBDockBG2.png but actually its SBDockBG.png

good bye
    Last edited by tifa; 2009-04-16 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tifa View Post
    that's exactly what i did except i used cuteftp, do i have to use iPhoneBrowser instead?

i think this method just doesn't work with the iphone firmware 2.2.1 anymore, don't ya think?

btw i really appreciate you helping me Scooterpig, you're the only who replies.

problem solved

this link provided me wrong instructions Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com - iPhone Wallpapers - Gallery

it says name it to SBDockBG2.png but actually its SBDockBG.png

good bye

Yeah there seems to be a lot of misinformation :P First nobody mentions that for non iphones you have to replace ATT with IPOD on custom carrier logos, then everybody says "SBDockBG2" when its "SBDockBG" bleh.