Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeatherIcon Background Icon Change

Thanks
    Default WeatherIcon Background Icon Change
    I installed WeatherIcon and I LOVE it. However, Im creating new icons for the Illuminated theme (which I LOVE), and Im running into an issue trying to change the background of the weather icon. Where is that located? I tried to change the Weather.png file, but it doesnt change the icon. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

2 files,
    weatherbg_day.png
    weatherbg_night.png

just like that,

located in Bundles\com.apple.springboard
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks
    And where would the bundles directory be? I cant seem to find it in the Themes folder? There is no WeatherIcon theme there?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

'your theme folder'\bundles\com.apple.springboard

if the bundles folder isnt there... create one

Ill attach an example
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

if ur theme doesn't have a bundles folder than it is using the "Folders" folder which is the same thing... only the folder inside that will be "SpringBoard.app" not com.apple.springboard. If ur theme has neither of these,... then ur theme sucks, and u should just get another one.

Thanks
    Ive managed to get the graphic to change, but now the sun is gone and its just showing the temp. ??

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    if ur theme doesn't have a bundles folder than it is using the "Folders" folder which is the same thing... only the folder inside that will be "SpringBoard.app" not com.apple.springboard. If ur theme has neither of these,... then ur theme sucks, and u should just get another one.
    And the theme is something that Im doing from scratch as a noob, so I would like to think that it doesnt "suck", but I appreciate the critique....
    Last edited by scottdog129; 2009-04-01 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

haha... ok, fair enough, i only meant that if a theme doesn't include any of the springboard images (like 90% of the crap in cydia that is like 2 icons and a wallpaper and says its a "theme")then u should get another one to see what WB could really do.

Anyway, the weather icon has a lot to mess with, and ur gonna need to understand winterboard first before u can properly make a whole setup to work with it, but it basically includes a plist for all the things like temp color, position, weather it is on or off, etc (actually the newest update made a pref bundle for all this so there is UI in the Settings app that will do all this for u if u don't know how to mod the plist) and then there are like 60 weather images, that sit on the two backgrounds. Here is the google code page: weathericon - Google Code
    that will explain everything u need to know about it, but like i said, if ur not alreay familiar with wb, then a lot fo this might be confusing.

Here is another tool, there is a lot there, but this thread will basically give u EVERYTHING u could possibly want to know about themeing on the i.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...formation.html

Thanks
    I also should note that the weather graphics were there prior to me creating the Bundles directory and sticking the weather backgrounds in there. So, I know that the icons are somewhere else on my phone. Any idea where? Im thinking that I can create the plists and directories, then just copy the weather icons into the directory.