Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme folder keeps disappearing!

Default Theme folder keeps disappearing!
    Ok, so I've been trying to make my own custom background for the SMS app. Every time I try to interact with the Themes folder in root/Library, it just disappears. I double click it to open it, it disappears. I try to move a file into it, it disappears. I'm starting to get very frustrated here. The folder information at the very bottom of the Finder window even tells me the file disapperars. ex. It says 24 items, 60 GB free, then when I click on Themes, it goes down to 23 items. I've tried to repair my permissions, but that hasn't worked.

I'm running a jailbroken 2.2 iPhone and Mac OSX

Can anybody help?

This is driving me crazy!

Thanks

try putting the folder in root\var\stash\themes\[folder goes here]

then when your done go to winterboard and check[select] the name of your folder

Quote Originally Posted by Hopdaddy View Post
    Can anybody help?

This is driving me crazy!
    You can also try a different SSH tool than what you are using. If that doesnt help then you can always get to your themes in /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/ The x's being random from one device to the next. Try that and let us know if it works!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Hopdaddy (2009-04-06)

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    You can also try a different SSH tool than what you are using. If that doesnt help then you can always get to your themes in /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/ The x's being random from one device to the next. Try that and let us know if it works!!

Weird, only if I enable view hidden files can I open the folder without it disappearing...

Oh well, I got it to work

Thanks

Help! same thing is happening to me! i've tried everything... enabling hidden files didn't even work! it's so frustrating