Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i change the slider background in lockscreen

Default can i change the slider background in lockscreen
    Hi all

After an hours searching i have dicided to make a post. I have made a custom slider but i also want to change the background that the slider slides across not the whole screen background just the slider bar) , this must be possible as i have downloaded some themes which have a different slider background.

If anyone knows how to do this or could give a link to a tutorial i would be very grateful

Thanks

danny

Thanks

you can take your downloaded theme and mod the files:
    your theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarbkgndlock.png for the lockscreen
    your theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarbkgd.png for the call slideryour theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/topbarbkgnd.png

make sure when you alter the file that the pixel dimensions remain the same.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

Beeston20 (2009-07-18), Crafty42 (2009-08-14), woody565 (2009-03-26)

Thanks for the help, that fixed my problem

Thanks

Glad it worked- did you click my thanks button?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

asianderek (2009-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    you can take your downloaded theme and mod the files:
    your theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarbkgndlock.png for the lockscreen
    your theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/bottombarbkgd.png for the call slideryour theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/topbarbkgnd.png

make sure when you alter the file that the pixel dimensions remain the same.
    Is it possible to get a better description of how to accomplish this? I'm still learning and new to the whole modding of the iphone, but I created a small slider and wanted to incorporate some images to the background, but i see that my current background already fills the whole screen, so, what I'd really like it to have both, but make the image on my background slightly transparent, as the slider background already is.

To help, attached is my current image, and what I'd like to play with, is the idea of adding lombardi trophies along the slider path, or maybe just one trophy at the end.

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -8-14-2009-3-21-33-pm.png  

I am complete NOOB. If I can ask.

The theme folder will have 2 folders inside it, one named "Folders" and one named "Bundles"?

Inside "Folders" will be another folder named "TelephonyUI.framework"?

Inside "Folders"\"TelephonyUI.framework" will be three files. One named "bottombarknobgray.png" "bottombarknobgreen.png" and one named "bottombarknobred.png". I believe the gray is the unlock slider image, the green is the answer call image (only needed on iPhone and not Ipod touch) and the red is the power off slider image?

The above are the slider images...the one that moves? Am I correct so far?

In the "Bundles" folder will be two other folders? One named "com.apple.springboard" and one named "com.apple.TelephonyUI"?

The "springboard" folder contains a .spring text file that determines what text will be shown in the slider space? I suppose we will not need this folder if we have custom images for it in the "TelephonyUI" folder?

In the "Bundles"\""com.apple.TelephonyUI" folder will be three images. One named "bottombarbkgndlock.png" which will be the background for the unlock slider?

One named "bottombarbkgd.png" which will be the answer call slider, and not needed for Ipod Touch?

And the third named "topbarbkgnd.png" which, I assume, will be the background for the power off slider?

Now, If my post is legible, and I have it setup as such, then the "Folders"\"TelephonyUI.framework" will have the images for my custom sliders. The ones that actually move.

And the "Bundles"\"com.apple.TelephonyUI" will contain the images for the background of the sliders. The path that the slider images follow?

Is this correct?

So, in the image above, the Philippine flag will be the slider image for the unlock slider, it will be named "bottombarknobgray.png" and stored in "Folders"\"TelephonyUI.framework", and the greenish background with the text on it will be the background image, it will be named "bottombarbkgndlock.png", and stored in "Bundles"\"com.apple.TelephonyUI".

With this config the flag will slide across the greenish background?

WIll it work?

It actually does work, but the background image is distorted. I tried it at 271 x 45, and it just wasn't quite right. The flag slides perfectly and all, and I can tell that the background image is, inded, the one I created, but it is totally distorted.

Anybody can help?

P.S. It worked both in the manner I tried to describe (using a "Folders" folder as well as a "Bundles" folder), and it worked with all files in the "Bundles"\TelephonyUI" folder.
    Last edited by jimmsch; 2009-10-03 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Lock Screen Slider
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but is there any way to get rid of the "black box" around the slider when it's charging on the lock screen?

It seems transparent when it's locked and not charging but when charging there's always this black area around the slider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by phatboyfromla View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but is there any way to get rid of the "black box" around the slider when it's charging on the lock screen?

It seems transparent when it's locked and not charging but when charging there's always this black area around the slider.
    Same problem here. Started happening when I upgraded to 3.1.2.