Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to locate icons for 3rd party installed apps

Default How to locate icons for 3rd party installed apps
    Hi, I am currently using the Leaf theme and want to change some of the icons for apps I have recently installed (namely Last.FM and geocaching.com)

I have browsed the obvious locations for the icons...but can't even find any application directories that appear to be releavnt to these two apps.

How can I find the location of the app icons for these apps?

Thanks in advance.

private\var\mobile\applications

There You Have apps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbana For This Useful Post:

pavr27 (2009-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbana View Post
    privatevarmobileapplications

There You Have apps
    Great, thanks for that!

My follow on question is: Rather than changing the icon found at the above location, is it possible to add an icon to the 'theme' folder that contains all the other theme icons, which would be used in preference to the 'icon.png' found in the path above? If so, what would you name it as?

name it the exact name that you see on your springboard, then throw it in the Icons folder

Quote Originally Posted by pavr27 View Post
    My follow on question is: Rather than changing the icon found at the above location, is it possible to add an icon to the 'theme' folder that contains all the other theme icons, which would be used in preference to the 'icon.png' found in the path above? If so, what would you name it as?
    no, that's impossible
    I change icons that:

1 I copy standard icon on disk
    2 If I have favorite icon, I change name to "icon" and format must be ".png"
    3 And I exchange standard icon for my favorite

I think You understand

Gabbana: idk what you are talking about but i think you are on a different page than this guy

if you are making a winterboard theme just find the name of the app on your springboard and put the new icon in a folder named Icons with the same name as the original (must be a png)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...st1798511.html

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    Gabbana: idk what you are talking about but i think you are on a different page than this guy

if you are making a winterboard theme just find the name of the app on your springboard and put the new icon in a folder named Icons with the same name as the original (must be a png)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...st1798511.html
    Ok, so I have to name the icon the exact same name (including letter case) as the name of the app? And I find the name of the app by looking in the relevant location that the app resides.

This has worked for one of my apps, but not for another...and I can't figure out why.

In this case I have located the app as shown below....and named the icon iCacher.png, and stuck it in the icon folder under the Leaf Theme....so why might it not be working?

Thanks

Did you respring? Also, have you checked out the Leaf Theme thread? They have several additional icon packs available for 3rd party apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Did you respring? Also, have you checked out the Leaf Theme thread? They have several additional icon packs available for 3rd party apps.
    Yeah, have resprung...several times now! Yes, been following the Leaf Theme thread....I jusy want to be in a position to create my own icons if they don't already exist.

Thanks

If you've named the icon.png file EXACTLY as it shows on your springboard (ex; App Store.png - for App Store) and placed it in the icons sub folder under the theme directory, it should work. If it doesn't, something is not correct.