Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon "Pressed" State (VERY ORIGINAL QUESTION)

Thanks

Exclamation Icon "Pressed" State (VERY ORIGINAL QUESTION)
    I edited everything i want to edit in my theme except one thing - i've looked everywhere but have yet to find it.

NOT the icons themselves, but the "pressed state" of them is what i want to change. Currently, and typically - when you press on an icon and hole - prior to the icons wiggling... the icon becomes darker i guess you could say.

I have been looking for the name of the file that does that, so that i may give the icons a red tint upon clicking. Right now i made all my icons black/white but i want them to have a red transparent tint upon pressing down on them.

Basically, i need someone to tell me if it's possible to make this happen, and what the name of the file is / where i save it in my theme... Bundles/ or UIImages/

Thanks in advance,
    Wadestock

ive never needed to change it, so i havn't checked this... but im pretty sure its AppIconShadow.png in the UIImages.

to my knowledge it is not possible. I think is a setting burried in a plist file that tells it to shadow the icon to a certain shade. the UIImage suggested is not the pressed state.

there is no pressed state. it is written into springboard so that it shades when it is pressed

notice that if you set an icon that is bigger than normal it will still shade

sorry

Is there a way to tint the icons? I use G.O.C. Pro, but I'd like to tint the icons to a sepia shade. I've tried doing it in photoshop mobile, but it gives them a black square background. Also, i have to do them one at a time right now. is there a way to do them all at once? I'm clueless about coding, btw. Very green at this stuff.

Why don't you post a screen shot, I think you are talking about the shadow on the icon which is a png file. I took mine out and took it away. But I assume you can change the color too. Search this forum, we have written a lot on this shadow

YOURTHEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard and make a picture called IconDarkeningOverlay.png.

Press thanks, please?