Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notes icon not changing?

Default Notes icon not changing?
    So i changed my notes skin to Ancient Notes 3. and i didnt realise that one of the .pngs also changed the icon on the springboard, so i tried to change it back since i had backed up all my files. i went back to the springboard, and it still wouldnt change back to default. so i refreshed the springboard and still it wouldnt change. i tried to open the .png file backed up from the ipod itself, but windows wont load an image.

anyone here know what the problem is? its not major, i just want to know how to fix it.

It could be that one of your Winterboard active themes still contains the icon for Notes in the Icons folder. SSH into the themes you're using and check for a Notes.png file that's the same as the one on your Springboard, and delete it.
    If you're changing back to the regular one, make sure the name is correctly capitalized.

Alternatively, copy the default notes file back over into the theme you're using.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GkCHN For This Useful Post:

Vegemite (2009-03-09)

thanks, but first i had a winterboard theme active. then i turned it off and the icon still wouldnt change. now when i changed it back to the winterboard theme, the icon stayed as the Ancient Notes theme.
    ill try replace it with that png you sent. cheers

did you replace the original icon in the notes app or did you put it in the icons folder in the winterboard package?

im still learning how to toy with the ipod atm, and i just learned that you could drag folders into the winterboard directory lol.
    before, i backed up everything and replaced the .pngs with the edited files. now im using winterboard to change everything :P
    the icon linked previously worked when i ssh'd it into my touch, in case you were wondering.