Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vista and Vista Perfection Icons

Default Vista and Vista Perfection Icons
    Ebl has done it again!!! Vista Perfection 4.0 is out: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...ion-4-0-a.html
    And it is awesome. In this theme, there is something new that no vista theme has previously had, and that is the way he made the icons. Personally I love this concept. It looks so much more authentic. As u can see the icons were made with the labels drawn into them, so u can turn off all icon labels in ur plist, and get real vista font two row labels. The only problem is that it is formatted for the standard 4 row SB. So I wanted to start this thread to see if someone could help get these icons pushed down to fit the 5 row spring board mod.

I have attached a zip of all the icons that ebl has already made. As u can see they all need to be moved down slightly. If someone could bang this out I really don't think it is too difficult of a modd, and it would add a lot to the theme. Also, there are 3 icons that don't have labels that i am attaching that i would really appreciate if someone could make in the same format. The labels should read "iTunes" "Windows/Media Center" (obviously the "/" meaning next line) and "Windows/OneCare". And if u could also make the "Norton Antivirus" icon as well. I don't have that one at all, but if u need a screen shot or something of it, let me know and i will find one.

(oh and ignore the rest of the theme, im working on a bunch of stuff as u can see, lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -newicons.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    Ebl has done it again!!! Vista Perfection 4.0 is out: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...ion-4-0-a.html
    And it is awesome. In this theme, there is something new that no vista theme has previously had, and that is the way he made the icons. Personally I love this concept. It looks so much more authentic. As u can see the icons were made with the labels drawn into them, so u can turn off all icon labels in ur plist, and get real vista font two row labels. The only problem is that it is formatted for the standard 4 row SB. So I wanted to start this thread to see if someone could help get these icons pushed down to fit the 5 row spring board mod.

I have attached a zip of all the icons that ebl has already made. As u can see they all need to be moved down slightly. If someone could bang this out I really don't think it is too difficult of a modd, and it would add a lot to the theme. Also, there are 3 icons that don't have labels that i am attaching that i would really appreciate if someone could make in the same format. The labels should read "iTunes" "Windows/Media Center" (obviously the "/" meaning next line) and "Windows/OneCare". And if u could also make the "Norton Antivirus" icon as well. I don't have that one at all, but if u need a screen shot or something of it, let me know and i will find one.

(oh and ignore the rest of the theme, im working on a bunch of stuff as u can see, lol)

need some help there buddy?

YESSS absolutely!! lol. obviously u would be the ideal one to do this. I was gonna start throwing out suggestions for the theme on ur release page, but i figued u were working on the contest. But if u would have time to do this, I would really appreciate it.

btw, i got to say ebl, if it wern't for u i prob would never have even dl'd WB. Thanks for all the work.
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-03-07 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    YESSS absolutely!! lol. obviously u would be the ideal one to do this. I was gonna start throwing out suggestions for the theme on ur release page, but i figued u were working on the contest. But if u would have time to do this, I would really appreciate it.

btw, i got to say ebl, if it wern't for u i prob would never have even dl'd WB. Thanks for all the work.
    you're welcome bro....thanks for using my themes man!..lol...i see you in another site working on a vista theme. Just tell me what you need and i'll try to knock it out for you! and yea i am pretty busy with work and 3 different themes lately

Hey man ive never modded any themes or created any themes before but I was trying to change some stuff to almost make this look exactly like the layout of my computer. One thing I attemepted to do but failed was change the backround of categories when you bring up the start menu. I was attempting to get it when you click on the start menu on your iphone and backround just like the start menu on your windows vista computer would do. Also another thing I wanted to do was add a contacts folder icon for the address book icon. Anyway you could help me out in this? It would be greatly appreciated. One last thing, How do you make all your icons?

hey, sorry i havn't replied. I was actually in a car accident yesterday (a friends car and everyone is fine, lol) but it was kind of an ordeal. anyway. im gonna try to work on this later tonight.
    Haha, yeah, iv been working with tiger on the touch forum since u guys released vmp to cydia. we got some pretty cool mods going, but the icons u made are def the coolest thing ive seen yet on this theme. So yeah, if u would be able to do that it would be awsome. And if ur looking for more ideas iv got a ton of them, but they are all little things like UIImages, and adjustments to like the notes skin or the media player. stuff that really anyone could prob do, and unless u were gonna release a 4.5 version of vista perfection, it might just be a waist of ur time.
    The one thing i have wanted for a while tho, is ur vista keyboard. I really think this theme needs one. The thing is i tried unpacking the one u made for 3.5, but i can't figure out the UIImages names for all the cached .artwork images. Also, im not sure if they added more to the keyboard since that version was released. but there seems to be a lot more UIImages now, so i didn't want to try andd match each image up if it isn't going to work now. Have u been able to transfere that keyboard over to WB format? If so, i think that would def be the second coolest thing u could do for me, lol.

And while i got ur ear, there i have one other question. What is this image: com.apple.MoviePlayerUI.QTAudioOnlyQ.png it was in ur per7ection theme also.

philasportsfan - this is the wrong place for ur question. Im not trying to be a d*** but other pple will prob want to know the answer as well. u should post it on the actual vista release page: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...ion-4-0-a.html
    and i promise i will give u an answere there. (by tomorrow at the latest, lol i have a lot to do today)

sounds good man i searched and this is the only thread i found on the vista perfection 4.0 thanks for the link

I am missing badges for miss call and unread text messgaes. I have badges for unread mail. CAn you please tell me how can I get the badges. Thanks