Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories - How to costumize?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Categories - How to costumize?
    I sow it in many themes that categories app from cydia was modified. Like they change the loading logo and the background image when apps loaded. Me question is...how? Thx

If you SSH into your phone and go to

Priviate/var/stash/applications/categories you'll see all the png files for categories. Then you can change it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

chuxy (2009-03-04)

You can change it through winterboard.. Just make a folders folder called Categories.app

ok, let me get this straight.

You make a folder

themes/nameoftheme/folders/categories

and in that folder you put the png files?

Is that correct?

Cool if it is?

if you want a background for a category specific to that category you theme it this way

themename\folders\categoryname.app\background.png

then when you are in the category hit the info button in the bottom right of the screen. then enable background.png
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    if you want a background for a category specific to that category you theme it this way

themenamefolderscategoryname.appbackground.png

then when you are in the category hit the info button in the bottom right of the screen. then enable background.png
    I've placed my custom background in my "start menu" app and for the life of me cant figure out why I will not change. It just keeps going back to the default black. I changed the icon and also the default png and those both work, however the actual background wont change. anyone care to help?