Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help making a couple things transparent

Default Help making a couple things transparent
    Hi guys, I've been searching all of google and many of the different iPhone forums and can't find a way to get a couple of things transparent. I've included a picture below and if anyone can help me, I'll be sooooo appreciative.

Thanks for looking.

Here is the keypad

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/

It's the keypad.png file.

Not sure about the other one, but I would look in that folder.

The other file I believe is either bottombarbkgnd.png or bottombarbkgndlock.png.
    However, simply deleting those won't help, because the keypad numbers are integrated into the pad. You'll have to find a transparent keypad .png file to replace it.

I attached the original keypad files if you want to try making them transparent on an image editing tool, or they can serve as backup.
    Also there's the bottombarbkgndlock.png transparent. Try replacing it on the phone and remember to keep a backup in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome! Thanks guys, I'll try it out tonight.

Okay, I got the keypad to work, but the other pad with "Mute," "Speaker," "Contacts," is a bit harder to find the file.

Anybody know what the file name is?
    Last edited by av6j30a1; 2009-03-04 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

not sure what file you are referring tool. Is it the main phone keypad?

If it is, you can change it, but I would actually just download one of the themes for the dialer and then replace the artwork. And just use winterboard. Just seems easier.

So here are a couple of screen shots,

As you can see, I got the bottom overlay to become transparent as well as the keypad within a phone call transparent, but the other screen is still dark.

I have no idea what the files names are called and even if I d/l the entire folder, every .png is blank.

Do you guys have any idea what the other .pngs are called? The one for the keypad was simply keypad.png and keypad_pressed.png, but this other screen is a bit tricky.

Default web clip iocns
    is there a way to make web clip icons transparent as well?

Oh,

Did you look through here

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/

Just copy everything to a folder on your hard drive and look through it. Bet it's in there.

For some reason when I copy the files over, they all show up as a "?" mark in my Preview and when I open them up with PS CS4, it comes back with an error stating that they are not valid files.

That's because the iPhone files are locked/encoded.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...verything.html
    I highly recommend downloading this file, since it's basically the entire iPhone theme without the hassle of having to convert the files.

Unfortunately I've no idea which file that one is, since it doesn't seem to be in the frameworks folder.

Well...I give up, I can't find anything that resembles that png, heck not even the "mute," "keypad," "speaker," "add call," etc.

Okay I lied, I didn't give up, and luckily enough I found out how to make the "Callpad" semi-transparent.

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

That looks really good.

yeah i was gonna tell u, i just added those images to the http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...verything.html
    The images were in the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork cached file. But i already "de-cached?" them. So if u go to the MobilePhone.app folder u will see all the originals there.

BTW, can u post all ur transparent images, i like the way that looks.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by av6j30a1 View Post
    Okay I lied, I didn't give up, and luckily enough I found out how to make the "Callpad" semi-transparent.

Tell me how you did it. Where are the files located? Did you have to install transparent replacements? Let me know the process, I love it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-03-07 at 01:16 AM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    yeah i was gonna tell u, i just added those images to the http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...verything.html
    The images were in the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork cached file. But i already "de-cached?" them. So if u go to the MobilePhone.app folder u will see all the originals there.

BTW, can u post all ur transparent images, i like the way that looks.
    Do you want all the transparent images and their directory?

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Tell me how you did it. Where are the files located? Did you have to install transparent replacements? Let me know the process, I love it.
    Thanks in advance.
    It involves a lot of SSH-ing and replacing of files and some .string editing to get rid of text such as "Slide to listen," "Slide to Unlock," etc.

I'll post all my pngs and their directories sometime this weekend.
    Last edited by av6j30a1; 2009-03-07 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://home.earthlink.net/~mazdaspd3...V6%20Theme.zip

The .themes should be enabled in Winterboard
    and the System folder requires you to SSH into your phone and replace the files on your iPhone with these. (you may want to backup your originals).

I hope thats everything.

wait, everyone hold off on this. everything here is themable through winterboard. i just wanted the images, but WB is capable of handling everything here, including the .string files. im away from my pc right now, but ill post instructions tomorrow.

Yea, I'm very new at this Winterboard thing and don't have a clue at how to write the files so that anybody can just check the folder in Winterboard. Thanks for cleaning it up Leram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast