Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Help making a couple things transparent

  1. #21
    Thats cool, for a beginner, this is actually pretty impressive. u figured out how to mod all the right string files.

    I didn't have time to clear out all the stock images, but i removed everything that was designated as a backup file cause u don't need to back up. (thats the beauty of wb) just unzip this and put it in Library/Themes and it will do the trick. Also, im not sure why u added transparent (or semi-transparent page indicators (thats the little dots on the SB that tell u which page ur on) but if anyone wants to remove those, just delete the everything but the "UILCDBackground.png" file from the UIImages folder and u should be good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #22
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    Thats cool, for a beginner, this is actually pretty impressive. u figured out how to mod all the right string files.

    I didn't have time to clear out all the stock images, but i removed everything that was designated as a backup file cause u don't need to back up. (thats the beauty of wb) just unzip this and put it in Library/Themes and it will do the trick. Also, im not sure why u added transparent (or semi-transparent page indicators (thats the little dots on the SB that tell u which page ur on) but if anyone wants to remove those, just delete the everything but the "UILCDBackground.png" file from the UIImages folder and u should be good to go.
    So.... your saying that all I need to do to get these transparent is unzip this file and ssh it into the library/themes and it will work for me? (Noob of coarse)

  3. #23
    yes, (obviously u have to check it in WB (winterboard) as well) but if u are a noob, look around the folder. Themes are just a portion of what can be themed, in a folder structure. If u understand that structure (what images go where) u can do a lot on the phone. So if u start opening up themes, and just browsing around them before u install them, its a great way to get the feel for how WB works.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

    av6j30a1 (2009-03-11), Bo Troxell (2009-03-11)

  5. #24
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    yes, (obviously u have to check it in WB (winterboard) as well) but if u are a noob, look around the folder. Themes are just a portion of what can be themed, in a folder structure. If u understand that structure (what images go where) u can do a lot on the phone. So if u start opening up themes, and just browsing around them before u install them, its a great way to get the feel for how WB works.
    okay, looking around I find that themes are in var/stash/themes.
    I tried looking in Library/themes but I don't see themes there. Am I in the right place?
    Thanks

  6. #25
    I included the invisible page dots by accident, its what I'm running but as leram said, just delete it if you like to keep your dots. Also, I forgot to mention that I made the green and gray slide "knobs" clear as well because I'm running the "Tap to unlock" and didn't want it to show up on my lockscreen. Also, the UILCDBackground.png file is transparent but it can be made to match the keypad/callpad and bottom png by using the default .png and setting the transparency to 60%.

    If you guys are curious to see my theme now, you can visit my ftp

    Index of /~mazdaspd3/images/My iPhone Theme

    I had to do some further snooping to get all the .png files the way I wanted. There are still a few overlaps here and there but I can live with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    okay, looking around I find that themes are in var/stash/themes.
    I tried looking in Library/themes but I don't see themes there. Am I in the right place?
    Thanks
    Go back in the directory until you're at "/" and then look for Library/Themes. It should read /Library/Themes.

    Also, thanks Leram for cleaning up the files for me!
    Last edited by av6j30a1; 2009-03-11 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to av6j30a1 For This Useful Post:

    Bo Troxell (2009-03-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •