Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: changing "tap to unlock" feature back to original "slide to unlock"

Default changing "tap to unlock" feature back to original "slide to unlock"
    I have the Vista Mobile theme installed on my phone and it comes with the "tap to unlock" instead of the original slide. Does anyone know where i need to go in SSH and which files i need to delete so it doesnt change the lockscreen slider operation? I dont really care if the original slider bar image is there on the lockscreen or not. I have a clear lockscreen downloaded from cydia already. I just prefer the slide to the tap. Thanks for any information.

Go into the themes folder through SSH, then I believe it's:
    /private/var/stash/Themes.asbcBh/(your theme).theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj
    Springboard.strings file contains the changes, so just delete that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GkCHN For This Useful Post:

icano555 (2009-03-02)

which strings do i need to delete? deleting the whole file will affect the whole theme, right? im not very familiar with the programming lines. all im familiar with is how to changes images and things like that. in the strings file there are strings for "slide to answer" "slide to cancel" "slide to call" etc... but not one for slide to unlock. will adding a slide to unlock string restore this function??
    Last edited by icano555; 2009-03-02 at 05:07 PM.

string file just changes the functions of what is written in them.
    So I believe by deleting the strings file you'll get the slide to unlock words back. "Slide to Unlock" is called "Away_Lock_Label".

Actually I forgot to mention that tap to unlock is based on using a button bar that spans the entire width of the slider, causing tap to work. I think you still have to delete the buttons in Folders\TelephonyUI.framework as well, the ones named bottombarknob___.png

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GkCHN For This Useful Post:

icano555 (2009-03-02), mattATX (2009-10-24)

thanks. worked great. just had to go in and do the same thing to the clear lock screen theme as well since both themes apparently use the tap to unlock feature. appreciate the help, i was about to just give up because my searches werent giving me what i needed to know. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
    string file just changes the functions of what is written in them.
    So I believe by deleting the strings file you'll get the slide to unlock words back. "Slide to Unlock" is called "Away_Lock_Label".

Actually I forgot to mention that tap to unlock is based on using a button bar that spans the entire width of the slider, causing tap to work. I think you still have to delete the buttons in FoldersTelephonyUI.framework as well, the ones named bottombarknob___.png
    Bookmarked and :bowdown: