Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help With Itunes Store Icon Pls

Question Help With Itunes Store Icon Pls
    Hi Everyone

I'm very new to jailbreaking (have only just completed it on my iPhone 3G) and need some help please.

I've installed a theme which I really love but id like to be able to change the iTunes Store icon as its a bit crap to be honest.

The theme I've got is called Phiberglass.

Cheers for your help

It will help to post a screen shot, you'll get a better responce.

But that said, here is one that works I think.

Also, try going to deviantART: where ART meets application! and search for itunes icons. They have a ton.

Cheers,

Beth
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for your reply. I have attached a screen shot this time to show the iTunes store icon id like to change.

Any chance you know where I can find step by step instructions on how to change just one icon?

Thank you

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sickstick View Post
    Hi Everyone

I'm very new to jailbreaking (have only just completed it on my iPhone 3G) and need some help please.

I've installed a theme which I really love but id like to be able to change the iTunes Store icon as its a bit crap to be honest.

The theme I've got is called Phiberglass.

Cheers for your help

Usually the theme creator will include a psd file so that you can make your own icons if you have some missing ones or, as in your case, you want to modify an existing one.

Afterwards you ssh into your phone and navigate to the folder that has your theme and replace the icon with one of your liking. It must be named properly(have the same name as the original app) or it will not work.

Head over to the modding section of this forum and you will find everything you need to do this.

Thanks Captain Chaos will have a go at changing it to the icon galaxygrrl suggested

It's easy to change one icon.

You need to SSH into your phone. Search the forum on instructions.

Then go to

Library/themes folder

Look for your theme.

Open up that folder

Inside there is a folder called icons.

Then name your icon "iTunes" It must be capped right. Then upload it to the icon folder.

Then you need to respring you phone. I think you can just turn it off and on again

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sickstick View Post
    Thanks Captain Chaos will have a go at changing it to the icon galaxygrrl suggested
    Cool. I use a program called Diskaid to transfer stuff back and forth between my computer and iPhone.

Download and install Diskaid...connect your phone to the computer...and in left pane click var...then stash...then themes.

Inside you will find a folder with your theme in it. Inside of that folder there is an icons folder. Copy and paste your iTunes icon in there and then respring your phone.