Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to customize iphone!

Default How to customize iphone!
    Hey there people, i just finished jailbreaking my iphone! Now i would very much like to know how to customize it! So i have a couple of questions:

1st of all, how do i apply different themes to my iphone? Currently, all i have installed is Cydia and installer, so please tell me exactly where to go from the start.

After i have applied a different theme to the iphone, how would i get more onto it? What if i find a really good theme on the internet for the iphone that i would like to use, how would i go about setting that as my theme?

And also, is there anything that i should stay away from in Cydia, and installer? Something that could potentially harm my iphone if i don't know what im doing.

Please and thank you!

1. use winterboard found in cydia
    2. search cydia for a theme or our download section, then ssh it to your iPhone(guides on that in the guide section)
    3. Don't use installer its pointless
    4. nothing a restore couldn't fix...lol
    Welcome to MMi

Moving this to Skinning / Themes Discussion
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-26 at 03:12 AM.

oh btw stay away from installer. hahaha
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

installer = restore = FAIL

how about this one

RIP Dev = FAIL
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

kate=megafail

Default How To....
    Hey peoples jus wanted to say I think this site is awesome and thanks for all the help on the forums!!

That being said I'm wondering if I can get some help customizing my phone. I just need to know the location of a single image and its the in call glow of selected items, like speaker phone or mute or whatever during a call....

location and name of the image would be very helpful and actually if anyone has a copy of the image to be uploaded it would be greatly appreciated... Thanx

Ok Thanks to the help of noone I found the icon I was looking for.... sixsqbutton in the mobilephone.app folder is where it can be changed....

lol ok

most images have a pressed version with the exception of a rare few.. like the icons on the springboard they are just dimmed that feature is built into apples code and cant be changed by replacing an image

Im also looking to modify the sixsqbutton but the mobilephone.app folder contains only the background and not the symbols - mute, keypad, speaker, addcall, facetime, contacts.
    I know nothing about the file system or what not but would have thought that these are PNG files somewhere and so can be replaced? Where though?
    My Dialer Theme (work in progress)

Holy thread revival, just noticed the post dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Winobie View Post
    Im also looking to modify the sixsqbutton but the mobilephone.app folder contains only the background and not the symbols - mute, keypad, speaker, addcall, facetime, contacts.
    I know nothing about the file system or what not but would have thought that these are PNG files somewhere and so can be replaced? Where though?
    My Dialer Theme (work in progress)
    for the keypad you can look inside /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/..here..and search for keypad.png, [email protected], keypad_pressed.png, and [email protected]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to astrolabe For This Useful Post:

Winobie (2011-07-24)

Thanks. Ive found some invisible (Apple) PNG's, looking for a way to view them or convert them.

found...
    (atPurpose Technologies) have created 2 QuickLook plugins that can decode crushed PNG images and PVR textures. They are part of atPeek tool we have developed, but can also be downloaded separately at:
    http://atpeek.download.atpurpose.com/PngUncrush.zip
    http://atpeek.download.atpurpose.com/PvrUncrush.zip

atPeek tool, which uses them, is available at: http://www.atpurpose.com/atPeek
    Last edited by Winobie; 2011-07-24 at 10:51 PM.