Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm new to this thing and have some questions about a few things.

Default I'm new to this thing and have some questions about a few things.
    Alright so I have a few things I wanna change.

Slide to unlock
    Slide to power off
    Slide to answer

And I wanna change the buttons. Like cancel, answer, and others. I have the Vista Mobile theme right now, and when I go into, say myspace to upload a photo, there's three options, Take Photo, Photo from Library, and Cancel. Cancel is a different color than the other two (which are the same). Can someone please explain to me how this can be done via winterboard, or any other way?

I know that I have to have a hex editor to edit the .strings file (or whatever it is I've forgotten now). I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good, free, easy to use one? I tried before and wound up messing up all my text, lucky for me I had made a backup of the original.

I'm not a complete n00b though. I made a custom carrier image, and I'm making a slider right now. I got the size templates/locations by downloading some for winterboard, then SSHing copies to my computer and basically copying all the files in the theme folder (meaning making the same thing, so I don't overwrite the original). So I'm familiar with SSH.

Can someone help me out here? Or if there's threads with this info if you'd kindly link me? My computer can't handle Photoshop, iTunes, and Firefox. I was thinking it'd be easier for me if someone was explaining things.

IM me on AIM ( deshi kicks06 ) or reply here, your call. Thanks in advance.

i think but im not sure as i havent tried this. but if the .string files display weird for you change the extension to .plist then it should open normally and save it. after save change to back to .string

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scarthur68 For This Useful Post:

DeshiKicksFTP (2009-02-25)

Quote Originally Posted by scarthur68 View Post
    i think but im not sure as i havent tried this. but if the .string files display weird for you change the extension to .plist then it should open normally and save it. after save change to back to .string
    Alright I'll try that, thanks.

if you have a mac download the iphone sdk because dashcode will open it correctly

alot of times texteditors dont open them correctly

Nah I don't have a Mac.

Also, how would I go about changing the LockClock Background?