Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tap to unlock problem

Default Tap to unlock problem
    Just downloaded various tap to unlock themes for winterboard, but i have the same problem with all of them.
    Right of the tap to unlock sing there is always the last syllable of the replaced slide to unlock shown.
    Would be great if someone could tell me how to fix this

From what I've learned after stalking topics on these forums, use open SSH, go to /private/var/stash/Themes.asbcBh/(theme of the tapunlock)/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj
    There should be a SpringBoard.strings file there. Edit it to:

Code:
    "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "  ";
    "POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL" = "  " ;
    "SLIDE_TO_ANSWER" = "  " ;
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL" = "  " ;
    This will change the text to spaces, which won't show up on your tap-unlock button.
    I also attached mine if you want to just replace it. Be sure to save a backup of your own in case something goes wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thx to you but this was not the solution. The themes are all scripted well. but i figured the problem out by myself now.

You have to change the name of the en.lproj foöder into "your localisation shortform here".lproj

Example: en.lproj -> de.lproj if you are using the german version

Yeah that thought just occurred to me, haha.
    I automatically assumed it was en.lproj because I use English settings.

Glad you found a solution.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

So can I get that in english? I have the same issue, and I would love to fix it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    So can I get that in english? I have the same issue, and I would love to fix it. Thanks!
    If you're using the English interface, then just follow the instructions in my post above.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

So I tried that tonight, but I can't seem to open those files. I am using windows vista. Any suggestions?

And thanks for the help.

You don't need to open the files, you can also download the file I zipped and just copy it over.
    Remember to save a backup as well.

Unless you're having a problem with the SSH, are there any errors coming up?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I don't get any errors, but I don't quite understand what it is I'm supposed to change, when you say to edit the strings file to:
    (There should be a SpringBoard.strings file there. Edit it to:

Code:

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = " ";
    "POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL" = " " ;
    "SLIDE_TO_ANSWER" = " " ;
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL" = " "
    How exactly do I do that, if i can't, or don't need to open the .strings file? I understand that I can just replace my file with the one you posted (thanks by the way), but I would like to understand how I am supposed to do this without swapping the files. Sorry to be a pain, but I really appreciate the help!

If you're using winscp, you should be able to directly edit the .strings file on your iPhone by double clicking to open it.
    If it's in your folder on your desktop, you'll have to drag it over through SSH in order to edit it.

I'm not familiar with how to edit through desktop, I think you change the file to .plist and then edit using a plist editor of sort.

Hopefully that answers your question; if not send me a screenshot of what you're trying to do.

i replaced springboard and eveything is working ok except the search bar and the missed calls

i see the search bar like this: SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER
    and the missed calls like this: AWAY_MISSED

how can i fix this?