Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to configure WeatherIcon 1.8.x

Default How to configure WeatherIcon 1.8.x
    I've gotten a lot of questions about configuration in the latest WeatherIcon release. I did make some significant changes in this release to add flexibility in the themeing and to support status bar icons.

Take a look at weathericon - Google Code for details on configuring the icon.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

CalebLyons (2009-02-19), drgopoos (2009-02-20), JStraitiff (2009-02-20), leram84 (2009-02-20)

Thanks man! I also saw that you can install Supreme Preferences and configure from there. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP! Just need to fix my carrier logo. This is some bad a$$ work. Thanks again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

CalebLyons (2009-02-19), drgopoos (2009-02-20)

Can this be made to use the klear images, and can it also show the city? I'm trying to get this to replace the weather widget in a vista theme. if u want to see what i am talking about, the new windows per7ection theme uses it here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...er7ection.html
    I just want to see if i can get this app to look exactly like that widget, and finally NOT BE ATTACHED TO THE BACKGROUND. thanks in advance.

oh, but there is one other issue. is it possible to have this be the icon for a different app? Like for example if i want the live weather dilplayed on top of the weather channel app instead of the default weather app?
    Last edited by leram84; 2009-02-20 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I updated to the new version and now the icon does not change with the weather. I also can't adjust that particular setting through Supreme Prefs?

Do I have to manually edit it?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out.
    Last edited by verks; 2009-02-20 at 05:54 AM.

which app do you want it to be in place of so i can do it for you/

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    which app do you want it to be in place of so i can do it for you/
    how bout The Weather Channel?

well i took a look at it and the easy answer is no.. it is not impossible but it would not be easy it would take me a few days or one non stop work night to do it

im sorry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (2009-02-20)

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    well i took a look at it and the easy answer is no.. it is not impossible but it would not be easy it would take me a few days or one non stop work night to do it

im sorry
    Thats too bad. Dont be sorry. Thanks for the effort man!

I was gonna say the same thing, the weather channel is the one i want. This is really important to the theme im working on because this is (as far as i know) the only way to get the vista looking weather widget were its not attached to the wallpaper. Any one else wanna give it a try??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ideas for the new Icon Badge
    I really like Kevin Kohn's idea to have the temperature shown as an icon badge. Looking at his theme I understand that he thought it foremost to be an alternative to the placement inside the icon itself.

But there is more to it. My personal favorite use would be to display the real temperature in the icon and the "feels like" temperature in the badge.

To bring it into accordance with the alerting nature of a badge, it would be great to have a configurable threshold, so that the feels-like-badge will only show when the feels-like-temperature differs more than e.g. 4 degrees from the real temperature.

I hope you like the idea.
    Happy coding!
    Florian