Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing iPhone Icons

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Changing iPhone Icons
    Hello i found some icons i liked on the internet and i began to change my dock icons (phone, sms etc) i was just using WinSCP and changing the files but when i restarted the spring board the mail and ipod icons didnt change. Any ideas as to why this is. Oh and off topic but on the top of my springboard the bar has gone see through black i have no idea what did this as it is normal everywhere else except the home screen. I have included a pic for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone.png  

Where did you put the icon? Are you using winterboard?

thread moved to Skinning / Themes Discussion

Thanks

i went to the root folder in WinSCP then to applications then to mobilephone (or mobilemail...) and renamed the icon i was going to add to icon.png and then replaced the old icon.png with the new one. then i disconnected and restarted the springboard and mail and ipod didnt work.

ok i got the mail icon to change. Is the mobilemusicplayer.app in the applications folder the ipod app?
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-15 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah it is

Thanks

ok, do you know why the ipod icon wont change though?

edit: i was just adding some apps to a folder in categories and the ipod icon has changed when you browse apps to add there. Why wont it change on the spring board?

Edit #2: Ok i discovered that for the ipod icon the icon is NOT named icon.png it is for some reason different. The ipod icon is named icon-MediaPlayer.png i hope this helps anyone who was having the same problem as me.
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-02-15 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost