Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spinning wheel of death

Default Spinning wheel of death
    I just tried out the new five row icon theme. It looked cluttered so I tried to uninstall it, the phone froze.

So I tried a hard reboot, not it just sits @ the boot logo with the spinning wheel of death.

I tried to SSH into the phone since I had my WiFi on when this happened and it works.

Is there anything else I can do?

I really don't want to go through a restore.

Help. . . . . !

Well, nothing worked. . . The phone was bricked.

I loaded 2.2.1 and Jailbroke it again. . . .

Now all the crap on my phone is half out of whack.
    Last edited by samson_420; 2009-02-13 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Well, if it makes you feel any better, a restore was needed.

not really, u could have relocated mobile watch dog until the phone could properly load. if u don't know what im talking about just do a search for mobile watchdog and SWOD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You should have drug out the 5th icon from the dock BEFORE uninstalling 5th Icon dock and you wouldn't have had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You should have drug out the 5th icon from the dock BEFORE uninstalling 5th Icon dock and you wouldn't have had any issues.
    He said it was 5 rows and not the 5 icon dock.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Bless One For This Useful Post:

galaxygrrl (2009-03-16), happyaxekillercob (2009-03-23)

Thanks
    wait... once the iphone is bricked, meaning you the spinning wheel of death just pops up at the boot screen, you can't just restore it? this has happened to me 3 times already (because of FontSwap. ALWAYS RESTART SPRINGBOARD AFTER CHOOSING A FONT, NEVER RESTART FONTSWAP!) and I would always restore it and re-jailbreak it with no problems.

UPDATE: ooooohhhh okay i got it now. so you did restore after the brick. okay. usually when you have an issue like this, you would shh into the device and hit the restore file for the application like fontswap. Since i hate SSH i use iphonebrowser so im stuck with just restoring it everytime...
    Last edited by Du Blex; 2009-04-22 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Misunderstanding...
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

Quote Originally Posted by Du Blex View Post
    wait... once the iphone is bricked, meaning you the spinning wheel of death just pops up at the boot screen, you can't just restore it? this has happened to me 3 times already (because of FontSwap. ALWAYS RESTART SPRINGBOARD AFTER CHOOSING A FONT, NEVER RESTART FONTSWAP!) and I would always restore it and re-jailbreak it with no problems.

UPDATE: ooooohhhh okay i got it now. so you did restore after the brick. okay. usually when you have an issue like this, you would shh into the device and hit the restore file for the application like fontswap. Since i hate SSH i use iphonebrowser so im stuck with just restoring it everytime...
    As for Fontswap SWODS.. Generally if you replace the lockclock.ttf in fonts/cache with the stock one. She'll boot right up. No need to restore.

As for Categories SWODS. You cannot put all apps into cat folders... and you have to have at least one icon on first page.