Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crystal Voice UK Robotic UI Sound Theme

Default Crystal Voice UK Robotic UI Sound Theme
    I have been getting reports (and through my own testing) that my Crystal Voice UK Robotic Sound theme is not working. I originally tested it by installing it manually with DiskAid. But later, after deleting that copy and installing it via Cydia, it did not work. It also didn't work on my old ladies phone. I tried renaming the files and reposting the theme but the same thing happened. I can eventually get it to work by manually installing it a couple times until it works. This tactic worked both for me and my girlfriend. But the Cydia just doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else run into a problem like this? Specifically with my theme? Do you know any work arounds?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had tried to install it on my iphone through cydia and did not work for me as well. When I use ssh with WinSCP to check the theme folder out and to my surprise, it was empty. There's no sound files or any other files in the theme folder...!! I don't know how that would happen but go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetix View Post
    I had tried to install it on my iphone through cydia and did not work for me as well. When I use ssh with WinSCP to check the theme folder out and to my surprise, it was empty. There's no sound files or any other files in the theme folder...!! I don't know how that would happen but go figure.
    Yeah it's the oddest thing. I can install it manually and sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't but it NEVER seems to work in Cydia. I guess I need to start from scratch and render new files? There is a bad zero or one somewhere.
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, haha I had no idea that the developer was on here! When I saw it in Cydia I was like 'Oh cool, interesting..." But it hasn't worked for me.. Try repackaging or something? Or can you upload the files to here so we can SSH them ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Yea, haha I had no idea that the developer was on here! When I saw it in Cydia I was like 'Oh cool, interesting..." But it hasn't worked for me.. Try repackaging or something? Or can you upload the files to here so we can SSH them ourselves?
    I think I am going to try re rendering and repackaging the files before I upload them here. I want it to remain on Cydia so that I can keep track of the download stats. Sometimes it's as simply as a cut and paste that makes the error go away. Who knows? It is an interesting problem though.

By the way, you would be surprised at how many developers are on here.

I am having this same problem now. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Reinstall via Cydia used to fix the problem, but no more...too bad!