Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone know how to customize the Clippy UI?

Default Anyone know how to customize the Clippy UI?
    Hey everyone, I am curious if anyone has found a way to customize the GUI of Clippy. I know it's not a "supported" feature yet but I did some digging and in the Clippy.plist found in the MobileSubstrate folder it appears that it pulls it's GUI from com.apple.uikit

If anyone has any ideas on WHAT it pulls from the UI kit or how to make it pull from a different directory (ie custom made directory or winterboard theme) I would be VERY happy.

To be specific I am interested in changing the "pop-up" buttons that appear when "123" is pressed to make my keyboard skin and also possibly male them shorter as to reduce how much of the screen they block when they pop up, and also (if possible) I would love to be able to make the "stack" appear only on the lower half of the screen (ie ONLY covering the keyboard.

If I could change these two things Clippy would be a MUST HAVE addition. As it stands now, IMO, these two features are GREATLY holding Clippy back from being the best solution to Copy/Paste on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you can provide! Here's to a dream of a better Clippy UI!

no but that would be nice considering it doesnt match with my themes at all
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Yeah it would

Also I have looked at Apple's UI kit on my iPhone and I can't even figure out what images it MIGHT be using! Ugh...

Please someone/anyone help me end this madness!

P.S.
    Go Utah! I live in Utah too! Haha!

P.P.S.
    I need to update my profile. It still says iPhone FW 1.1.4 and Mac OS 10.5.2! Haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think maybe they should try an open button on the left of the screen where copy is. That way you don't have to close it when you are sending txt messages. Or maybe up
    And down on the sides. Other than that I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    I think maybe they should try an open button on the left of the screen where copy is. That way you don't have to close it when you are sending txt messages. Or maybe up
    I have actually emailed the creator of Clippy suggesting this EXACT feature request! Haha! I can't remember his exact reply but I got the impression that it wasn't really something he had plans to implement.

Maybe if we get enough people to email him or create a thread with enough people requesting this and then sending him the link to the thread he will implement this feature.

I thought I was the only one who would like it to work that way, but you have made me realize that I'm not insane for wanting this feature! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    X2 for me.

Hope the developer can implement this and make Clippy the ultimate Copy & Paste app