Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing only the icons only

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Changing only the icons only
    I've been searching on cydia for new set of icons. Only problem is that everything i find includes a whole slew of wallpapers or it's a whole theme. I just want a simple icon change such as the BB Storm icons, nothing else. Where can i download it? i don't feel like getting into SSH and such.

thanks guys.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

The only way I can think of is through SSH, and replace the icons for each APP.

But, there might be other ways.

Install a theme, SSH in, remove everything about that theme and upload the folder with the icons. Should work. Just be sure to get a very minimalistic theme

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks like everywhere i look, SSH is involved... looks like i'll finally have to give in and learn this SSH business.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

I use winSCP for SSh, it's pretty straight forward. Once you get into the phone, assuming you have Winter Board go into private/var/stash and then themes. You can create a folder and name it whatever you want. Then, inside the created folder, create another folder and name it Icons. You place all the icons you want to use in it. Make sure they are all .png files and if you have issues with one not showing up or do not know what to name them simply go into your applications folder which is still inside the stash folder and name the icons exactly, cap sensitive, to the application they are replacing i.e. Calendar.png.
    Last edited by Luded83; 2009-02-06 at 06:00 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just use DiskAid its free and just uses USB connection