Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Semi Transparent Icons

Default Semi Transparent Icons
    I can not find a set anywhere. I just want the stock icons with some transparency to them so I can see the background.

Is there such a set?

I would try to make them myself, but I don't have PhotoShop.

if you have winterboard you can download the Monster's Inc theme. Then ssh into your themes folder and take the icons that you want to use. They are almost 100% clear. If you're looking for some that are a bit more visible try the ones from the Nightmare Before Christmas Theme.

Also a good free program for making your own png files is Paint.NET. you will need the .NET framework but chances are you already have it on your pc. It uses gradients and layers and there are some plugins for some great rendering effects. It's not as powerful as photoshop but for simple icons it works great.
    Last edited by VesperX; 2009-02-06 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks for the reply. . .

But, I found a theme called Glasklart. . .

The icons are semi transparent but have no color, but that's okay.

I modified the theme up a bit. And I seem to be happy with it, 4 right now @ least.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

There are a bunch of themes liek what you are looking for. None however, are the orginal icons

For clear icons my favorites are
    - Glass Orb (love it)
    - Vivid
    - there are a bunch more just search for glass in cydia

For semi transparent
    - glass two
    - myglassfrozen

they are all in cydia

hey
    is it possible to use semi transparent icons with user wallpaper?
    sorry im new to my iphone

you can use Winterboard to set a user wallpaper for use with any theme.

I have seen quite a few decent looking semi transparent themes. But, I think the stockers still look best if they were some what transparent.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

can somebody pls tell me how ill do that?
    i installed theme "babes" from cydia. how can i make the icons full or semi transparent?
    i dont want to try and maybe destroy some files... i like my iphone

you need to ssh into your iphone and find the files where the icons are located. I'm not sure of the directories for an iphone so i cannot help you there.

There is an easier way. Winterboard has a user wallpaper option.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    There is an easier way. Winterboard has a user wallpaper option.
    they were asking about transparent icons, they already have the wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by VesperX View Post
    you need to ssh into your iphone and find the files where the icons are located. I'm not sure of the directories for an iphone so i cannot help you there.
    can somebody tell me how to do and what files i need?

There is an easier way. There is a user wallpaper option in Cydia. That will let you do it.

The harder way is to SSH. You want to go to /Library/Themes/ and in the theme's folder for the semi transparent icons, put in the wallpaper you want. Highly recommend the first way if you are a newb, but the latter is not hard, just not as easy

How to SFTP Winterboard themes

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. install winterboard
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide / PC WinSCP--Wiki Guide)

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

thanks but i know this before....
    i have already installed themes for my iphone, working great.
    but i want my icons beein transparent.
    i have to install the theme but i also have to "tell" my iphone that the incons have to be transparent, how can i do that?

Ok, not sure what you want to do.

If you want totally transpart icons (ie no icon) You need to use iblank from Cydia. It will make blank icons. There are also themes that have totally clear icons and just labels. One is call "clear" in Cydia.

For Semi-transparent icons, you need a semi transparent theme. There are a bunch out there. Vivid, glassorb, and there are others. Search on the word "glass" in Cydia and you'll find them.

I hope this helps

Beth

thank you, sorry for my bad expression

is there a possibility to mix it up? to use a theme (that normally hasnt transparent icons) and a "tool" which will make to icons transparent just for this theme or every theme i want it to?

I think you can do that in photo shop, but not that is easy. there are lots of pretty semi transparent themes out there however. iFrozen glass is the one i like is myglassfrozen in cydia. Hope this helps.

Hope that helps.

He wants same thing I want.

An app/function that makes all your icons transparent WITHOUT ANY IMAGES, ONLY CODING.

I've seen the icons go transparent sometimes so there must be a code for it somewhere, take the damn code, and make an app that forces the iphone to use that code so it shouldnt be so hard?
    Last edited by Khaar; 2009-03-05 at 07:26 PM.

i found something simmilar... in cydia is a programm called "blank".
    this tool creates blank icons so u can see your wallpaper

-.-

Its nothing like it quite frankly :P
    Its two totaly diffrent things ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast