Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier Logo Picture

Default Carrier Logo Picture
    I have posted my first thread on this in the T-Mobile section, but it really does not necessarly fit there.

I just want to find a way to change my carrier logo to a picture of any sort.

I really have tried everything.

I tried renaming the files within the T-Mobile folders(all of them). Got nothing. . . . .

So I deleted the complete carrier bundle folder - That did nothing, tried reinstalling it . . . still nothing.

Tried changing the files withing spring board app - Nothing

Deleted the letters within the settings/spring board tab - this made the complete carrier dissapear

I have MIM installed and it works just fine, when I leave it blank in reverts back to T-... untill I clear it, then there is nothing there at all.

I can not figure it out.

Customize is dead and can not be used any more.

I never seen it really work with any picture for a carrier on my iPhone, just MIM.

It has to be something with the system strings. . . But, I have no idea what.

I am on a 2g 2.1 iFone. . . .

you need to just create a simple winterboard theme for that....can you post the image you are wanting to use as a carrier pic. im sure someone can whip out something simple for you. im at work right now.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

****, man right now I would be happy with anything other than block lettering.

I should also be able to edit the WinterBoard theme with a different set of png's.

I am not a theme master yet. . . But, I tried making a WinterBoard theme and apply it that way. . . . Still got nothing.

Just forgot to mention that one.

I still never got my carrier icon to change.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Anyone @ all?

Any suggestions at all?

I really would like to change the logo some day.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Write what you want the picture of. or find a picture you want to use or say what you would like the carrier to be. I changed mine to the word Monkey is custom font. Let me know and i'll make you a set of what you want and tell you where to put it.

You can just SSH the Carrier Logo onto the phone. It is located in:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

Just make sure you back up the original and name them exactly as they are, since they are case sensitive. Default is for the silver background (Settings, Safari etc.) and FSO is for something with a black background.

Example: Your custom PNG should be named "Default_CARRIER_ATT.png" If it is renamed "default_CARRIER_ATT.png" or something different, then it will not work.

Edit: You should also edit the folder of the carrier you use, I use ATT, so I edited that.
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-02-09 at 04:38 AM.

Apparently no one read my 1st post. . . . .That's okay. . . .Thank you for the reply.

ok, i dont understand what you want we are offering you suggestions of what will work but now you are saying that we are not trying

use this if you want

Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 5: Changing carrier logos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2009-02-28)

Tried it right now, just like it states. With the same exact result - T-...

sorry for dumb questions but... does your first post mean, that you have/had customize installed? it's just a guess but maybe there is the problem. (had customize on a 2g some time ago too and wasn't able to change certain things after reset/deinstall).

cause: just for this case i just tried the tut posted above (better said i figured the same out on my own ^^) and it works just fine.

Hopefully this was a little step into the solution of the problem.

regards,

I do have customize installed on my phone, but I was never able to use is since customize is down. Th only thing I used it for is changing my slider text string.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Since updating my carrier settings through iTunes I can no longer change my carrier icon manually.

SSHd into the phone and changed the 2 AT&T files and the carrier icon remains original.

I had a modified one befure updating the carrier settings. After updating it was suddenly back to the original one.

I tried changing it through winterboard and that works to change it but I'd rather it be done manually to ensure good phone performance...

Thanks!

Samson, I got u. Just put the png's in the unknown.bundle in the carrier bundles section. Forget about att or tmobile. Make sure they are still named FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE AND DEFAULT_CARRIER_TMOBILE. There is also a way to add different carrier png's with different themes thru winterboard but left my instructions at the house.

Oh, crap. . . . I just got it to change.

I am in the the /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle

I changed the FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png to FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile.png

And it worked. . . . . Yay.

This took a little time.

Lightbulb Fixed for AT&T (After Carrier Update from iTunes)
    Last edited by trixster; 2009-02-27 at 11:43 PM. Reason: deleting

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ok, i dont understand what you want we are offering you suggestions of what will work but now you are saying that we are not trying

use this if you want

Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 5: Changing carrier logos
    Thanks Him, your awesome.it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Oh, crap. . . . I just got it to change.

I am in the the /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle

I changed the FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png to FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile.png

And it worked. . . . . Yay.

This took a little time.
    Your Welcome!