Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWBRss - Anyone using this app?

Question iWBRss - won't load on Winterboard - help!
    Hi Guys,

I recently setup the iWBRss theme mod on my 3G iPhone (2.2FW quickpwn'd) and at first it was working great. I modified the configureMe.js file via TotalCommander and was able to get that working with local weather and desired RSS feeds.

However I tried to edit the configureMe.js file locally via MobileFinder and gTxtEdit, and here's where I had my problem. For some reason I no longer can get iWBrss to work anymore.

Even if I remove and re-install the application, it still won't work.

I checked the file location and it appears correct, in my case it was installed:

/private/var/stash/Themes/iWBrss

I have tried the following:

- remove and re-install iWBRss
    - remove and re-install Winterboard
    - remove all Winterboard adds i installed except iWBRss
    - respring Winterboard
    - reboot the iPhone
    - checked the configMe.js file and confirmed it was enabled (using the fresh default file now).

I haven't tried a restore and re-jailbreak as I am hoping to avoid it. It seems everything else I've done still works. BUT if it is necessary...

So far, none of this has allowed me to get iWBRss back in operation.

I searched the net and have not found much discussion on this app in terms of people having issues. But maybe there is discussion of similar in Italian which i can't find.

I really loved it when it worked. It is one of the coolest theme mods around IMHO. I would like it back again. Maybe there's something simple I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I had before I lost it

I'm hoping there are others that have installed iWBRss and may have had similar issues. Any help is MUCH appreciated!
    Last edited by kameraguy; 2009-02-02 at 06:29 AM. Reason: changed title

The app uses some externally hosted javascript sources, which are supposed to be on cydiarepo.com. But, this site is down, which means, the app will never work again until the source code gets fixed - too bad!