Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard makes me hate the dock

Default summerboard makes me hate the dock
    SummerBoard is the one thing I've been waiting for. I hate the dock in OS X and put it at the top. It does a different thing on the iPhone but I don't want it. I tried to make a transparent .png for SBDockBG2.png but no luck. My Photoshop (that is, GIMP) skills are lacking.

Any tips?

I attached what I did instead. You may notice that the icons go over the white borders on the background and under the borders on the dock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sb3.png   -sb4.png  

Thanks

In the summerboard update i noticed that the top bar became transparent, have to be able to do the same with the dock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is SummerBoard Open Source?????

post your dock and ill fix it up for you

Default my dock
    @ sogo - I'm pretty sure the title bar has always been transparent. If you go into your pictures it'll be gray.

I've attached my dock. Just in case I wasn't clear, I was hoping to have a home screen that displays 20 icons at a time and scrolls with no dock. I've tried a few things and it seems to me that it isn't as simple as making the dock transparent (although I haven't been able to do that yet). I think SpringBoard (SummerBoard) only takes over the top 80% or so of the screen. If that's true then I'm way out of my league and I've gotta wait until somebody that knows how to code wants the same thing I do.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sbdockbg2.png  

this is an option in summerboard 1.9. Thank you nullriver!
    Last edited by anthropomorphicnumbers; 2007-09-11 at 09:14 PM.

what you do is download customize and set your dock to transparent, and on smbs you just set to "no themed dock" this will override smbs and give you a trasparent dock