Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: removing text from icons using a custom theme

Default removing text from icons using a custom theme
    Hey guys great site keep it free please..

I installed tigerviii.ipb theme on my phone works fine. I then added NES and voice recorder APP they work perfectly. I see the icons I also see a black box with the text for each new icon (NES/ VRecord)I added. I need to learn how to remove that text plus black box so all I see is icon.

thanks

can anyone help with this???

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Make sure those apps are listed in your display order, then delete their names from the actual DisplayOrder.plist.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

thanks for the reply I didn't see it in DisplayOrder.plist. "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app" is there another way to remove text. I thank you for your time could you drop me a path to file and where about to look within the file I would be greatful thanks again..

Here. Upload to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

beNonentity1.0_/ beNonentity2.0_/ beNonentity3.1_/ beNonentity4.0_/
    DockTemplate_/ Dimming Dock_/ beNonentity4.1_Dock_/
    **Files above were made in Aug'07. No longer update.
    Clear Dock_/ Ocean_/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have successfully removed the text... but in doing so I have removed my themed icons and have gone back to the stock icons... how can one remove the texts without going to the stock icons?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have successfully removed the text... but in doing so I have removed my themed icons and have gone back to the stock icons... how can one remove the texts without going to the stock icons?
    By using summerboard.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    By using summerboard.
    I have... but the thing is... my summerboard themed icons just changes back to the stock icons when I delete the strings....

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have... but the thing is... my summerboard themed icons just changes back to the stock icons when I delete the strings....
    Yea because summerboard changes the icons based on the text underneath the icon. If you delete them, then how is it going to know what to change? Deleting the strings is an extremely old method, hence the fact that this thread has been dead since september of last year. Summerboard does it for us now. Just flip the hide icon labels on/off switch in summerboard prefs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

Taniban (2008-04-07)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Yea because summerboard changes the icons based on the text underneath the icon. If you delete them, then how is it going to know what to change? Deleting the strings is an extremely old method, hence the fact that this thread has been dead since september of last year. Summerboard does it for us now. Just flip the hide icon labels on/off switch in summerboard prefs.
    I feel so stupid... now you know that I haven't made any new themes since god knows how long! lol. I didn't know summerboard had that feature till now! oops!