Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Backgrounds...

Default SMS Backgrounds...
    i waz wondering if anyone new how to change the background color of the sms app?...iv changed the default/smsanwser png's...but when i load the app it looks gr8..but when it loads the messages..it goes bak to the normal colors

i have the baloons changed and what not...but im trying to make the background a diff color

i can mod everything BUT..that dang background..

any ideas?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I think thats just a color code, not an image. And we haven't found where those are controlled yet...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ahhhhhhhhhhh...ok...that explains it... well..im sure its either in a strings list or something... now that you told me its a code..i can look in other places.. i should have it found by later tonight.... if i do ill post it up.. cuz i bet alot of ppl would like to change it..to go with new balloon colors.

Thanks

Yah, agreed, but we haven't found it. Same with the color code to control the bg of SpringBoard...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

amber_waves_in_grain (2008-05-26)

well..this is what i got so far...

for the database file that contains all your saved SMS thus far...*not deleted chats*

/var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db

...and i be that the actual *FILE called MobileSMS* is what contains that code...cuz i cant find it anywhere.. and i just looked thru about 80% of all the iphones files...

is there an app that can open these executables and tinker with the insides?

Thanks

Usea hex editor. 0xED for Mac, XVI32 for Windows.

k..got it...now the thing with hex editing..i need to find a hex editing list..so i can see what to change and where to change it....

Update*....found Background Color on the text side and hex side... but how to change it?..

also..the actual color is *DBE2ED*....but the hex editor didnt find it....hmm any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by SubZ3r0; 2007-09-01 at 06:18 AM.

I tried this but When i open the sms.db file with notpad i can see all messages since i got the phone but when i open the sms.db file with the Sqlite browser i only see the one i got back when i restored the phone.. I want to be able to restore all of them... Any Ideas????

How are you getting that color code, through a screenshot app, because screenshots arent always accurate, but I could be wrong.

can anyone make me a white sms balloon?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnouqf

here the link for your sms balloon!

hey guys just a throw in if you want to change the sms background you just make a new "default.png in mobile sms .app, make one in cs2, steal it from iphonewith Winscp then open in cs2 ....etc

ahh, sorry guys thats the pre. png, before you get to where you type .... your actuall sms sorry hmm
    Last edited by kryptedak; 2007-11-01 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

copied all the png from the sms app but can't open it in paint.net

anyway i can open it and edit it?

Thanks

there is a file called messageEntryBG.png located at: /applications/mobileSMS.app/, could this be the background file.

Default smscolor
    Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    there is a file called messageEntryBG.png located at: /applications/mobileSMS.app/, could this be the background file.
    thats the background of where u type ur sms message into its gray buy chainging it u can chaing the color or put a pic in its place and name it this name

i change the file MessageEntryBG and the colour of sms background
    change?!?!!

i've found the sms background file in 2.0, there is in other.artwork named Other2.0-291.png file

I don't think either of those last two suggestions work. I tried them and it did not change. I could have done something wrong but...I don't think that's it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I tried that last one, it doesnt work. If you have found it then can you show us what it looks like?

Default SMS Background
    So no body still has not found the file to change the sms background of the chat window yet huh! Any help?? !!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

this has been discussed on multiple threads now.

Make sure you have the latest Winterboard installed.

In the folder of the theme you are using you need to have an image called SMSBackground.png

and thats it

Last edited by Chefanim; 2008-10-23 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast