Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide Dots

Default Hide Dots
    I'd like to hide the white dots that tell you what page you're on (on 2.1). Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, is it possible to hide the dock (including the icons on it and their labels) only on the first page of the Springboard?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ryan_d; 2008-09-15 at 09:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Winterboard gives you an option of making the dock transparent...just the dock.
    Categories will allow you put everything in one folder..that way you wont have the second page.

Thanks

Install Steffwiz's repo in, Cydia repo list, there is 2 apps in there 1 to change color & 1 to hide the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Winterboard gives you an option of making the dock transparent...just the dock.
    Categories will allow you put everything in one folder..that way you wont have the second page.
    I have that right now, but I want to hide the icons on it too.. only on the first page. I'm not interested in using Categories though. I want the multiple pages, just not the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Install Steffwiz's repo in, Cydia repo list, there is 2 apps in there 1 to change color & 1 to hide the dots.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. EDIT: I don't see anything to hide the dots? EDIT 2: Found another way through Winterboard.

One down...now just looking to hide the dock (including the icons on it and their labels) on the first page of the Springboard.
    Last edited by ryan_d; 2008-09-15 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_d View Post
    One down...now just looking to hide the dock (including the icons on it and their labels) on the first page of the Springboard.
    You can remove icons from the dock.. have you tried removing all of the icons and then hiding the dock through winterboard?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    You can remove icons from the dock.. have you tried removing all of the icons and then hiding the dock through winterboard?
    I only want to hide the dock on the first page. I want the icons there on the other pages.

EDIT: I don't see anything to hide the dots? EDIT 2: Found another way through Winterboard.
    Can you elaborate on the method you found?

I've tried (not to hard) on this once before about a month ago. Just added the Steffwiz source, but don't see anything other than changing the dot color....what did i miss?

Also not a big fan of Categories (sorry BigBoss!).

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    Can you elaborate on the method you found?

I've tried (not to hard) on this once before about a month ago. Just added the Steffwiz source, but don't see anything other than changing the dot color....what did i miss?

Also not a big fan of Categories (sorry BigBoss!).

TIA!
    In Cydia, search for "No Page Dots" (it's not from the Steffwiz source). Install that, go into Winterboard, apply the "No Page Dots" theme in addition to whatever you have already. Easier than I expected.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan_d For This Useful Post:

hartphoto (2008-09-16)

In Cydia, search for "No Page Dots" (it's not from the Steffwiz source). Install that, go into Winterboard, apply the "No Page Dots" theme in addition to whatever you have already. Easier than I expected.
    Duh.

Thank you!

Thanks

I only want to hide the dock on the first page. I want the icons there on the other pages.
    The way the matrix is laid out for the Springboard, it isn't possible to hide the Dock only on the first page. If you hide the Dock, its for every page.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    Duh.

Thank you!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    The way the matrix is laid out for the Springboard, it isn't possible to hide the Dock only on the first page. If you hide the Dock, its for every page.
    Ah, I see. Alright, thank you.

I have a problem with accessing the source for the 'no page dots' application. do any of you know an alternative source for http://apt.bigboss.us.com/reprofiles/cydia/ ?

I really want those dots away.