Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize on 2.0.2 not applying themes!

Default Customize on 2.0.2 not applying themes!
    ok guys whats up with customize 2.1? if i ssh a theme in it works... sort of... most of the mods work, some dont. the only theme ive been able to download and get to work (sort of) is the "mywiitheme". all the other ones dont do anything!

is there a patch i can download on cydia? do i need to set permissions? whats up?

thanx for the help

tim

ps: manually theme'ing on 2.xx is a pain with both winterboard and customize! winterboard is nice cause i can just use my old SMB themes... customize is nice cause i can "in theory" download whole themes... but creating custom themes is tedious.

---where are all the subfolders located in customize? so i can drop in my own batteries and wallpaper and the like?

I've noticed this too and made a thread about it, I download themes from Customize 2.1 and nothing happens when i apply it. Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed soon or what? Also how do you get themes from your iMac to your iPhone, I Know how to do it with Windows but not OS X.

Thank You,

dome

ok. i just SSH'ed a couple of the themes from my iphone to my computer. there arent any files in the folders! thats why they arent applying! Every theme is like this!

whats going on guys?

Update: some dont download properly some do. the VistaMaximus one works. docks and wallpaper still dont work - even when modded manually thru customize images/sounds. gives error.

--if there was some way that customize would allow you to download themes directly from the site on your computer that might fix the problem
    Last edited by klouud; 2008-09-12 at 07:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly is the difference between customize and winterboard. I have winterboard and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    What exactly is the difference between customize and winterboard. I have winterboard and it works great.
    not to be rude bro. but you just thread jacked me. to answer your question... they do the same thing actually. winterboard is completely manual unless you download a theme from cydia. customize is supposed to be a stand alone springboard modder. customize is not working 100% right now so i am using a combo of both.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    not to be rude bro. but you just thread jacked me. to answer your question... they do the same thing actually. winterboard is completely manual unless you download a theme from cydia. customize is supposed to be a stand alone springboard modder. customize is not working 100% right now so i am using a combo of both.
    Nope. Not rude at all!

This thread is of interest to me because the whole reason I Pwnd my phone is to theme it. The rest of the stuff on the repos is just a bonus.

If you are having issues ssh'ing into your phone and having files not showing up afterwards then this is of great interest to me as I am about to start trying to do this.

I don't mean to jack, just to learn.

I have the same proble, I tried to Install the theme ORANGE PORSCHE, it downloaded but it didn applied the theme

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someones show me how to get them Vista perfection 35 to work. i m on window , i can ssh but i don t know how to to get them to the phone from my computer.
    thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Customize has really been a pain in the azz since the 2.x version launched. It used to be so easy to use.......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

iphonefanboy (2008-10-04)

Thanks

I have been checking out this SSH stuff and had the same problem of files not transferring to my computer. In WinSCP I had to highlight the files I wanted then press F6 to move them or they were copied to a location that I haven't been able to find yet.

I had the same problem no fix?

For some reason plain jain downloads that the only theme you can tell because it downloads slow and the files are in the correct folders when you ssh and view... Other themes dont download actual files they just download empty folders... really annoying

For some reason plain jain downloads that the only theme you can tell because it downloads slow and the files are in the correct folders when you ssh and view... Other themes dont download actual files they just download empty folders... really annoying

Nobody have any ideas??
    Last edited by rx7thsign; 2008-09-14 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost