Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize App. Not Working??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Customize App. Not Working??
    I am trying to install the customize app.
    It says "customize version 1.21"
    and "customize (old) version 1.13"
    but when I install either one of them they both freeze and have a chicken on my screen?

Is there a newer version??
    "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"

Customize will usually crash the first few times you open it, but neither of those will work with 1.1.3. You need to install the source from ipodtouchfans.com, then install that version of Customize and everything should work fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Uninstall it, go to sources and add http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml and add their customize. It's modded to work on 1.1.3

is there a version of customize that works with 1.1.4? or a way to get it to work with 1.1.4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the help, but cannt find it in installer. I might just be looking in the wrong place if you know where it is please share.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razorinthe60s View Post
    thanks for the help, but cannt find it in installer. I might just be looking in the wrong place if you know where it is please share.
    Thanks
    did you add the new repo? from cockyjeremy's post...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dmber For This Useful Post:

Razorinthe60s (2008-03-03)

i have the ipod touch repo, but there is no customize in there, the only one that comes up for me is from Ste Packaging, it installs fine, but after i select any of the custom themes/icons they wont show up... any ideas?

what is it under

Quote Originally Posted by dmber View Post
    is there a version of customize that works with 1.1.4? or a way to get it to work with 1.1.4?
    Add this source: http://blazeco.info/blaze.xml and install the 1.1.3 patch. It will trick your phone to think it is running 1.1.3 firmware. If you want to stop tricking your phone, just uninstall the app and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sarunas4 View Post
    i have the ipod touch repo, but there is no customize in there, the only one that comes up for me is from Ste Packaging, it installs fine, but after i select any of the custom themes/icons they wont show up... any ideas?
    www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml

Just type that in, exactly including capitalization. Then if you scroll down to Customize, you should see 3 packages. 1.21 from STE, Customize Old from STE, and the modded version by Skylar of iPodTouchFans.com, install that one and you should be good to go...
    Last edited by ajl917; 2008-03-02 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

IvanB (2008-03-02)

Hi There,

My iPhone crashed and I had to restore and it updated to 1.1.4 I have loaded the the 1.1.3 patch but the touchrepo.com/repo.xml modded version (that worked for me previously) no longer shows up in the list I only get the old and the 1.21 version does anyone know of a different place to get the 1.1.3 customize from or does anyone know if the touchrepo link will be working again soon?

Cheers for any advice guys

Thanks

I can't get the Touchrepo method to work on my iPhone, and I've heard others who have said the same, but have eventually gotten it working. You add the source, however the new customize never shows up... Anyone with some insight on this?

Thanks a lot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

yea but customize still does not show up. Any suggestions?

Guys, as long as you can manually install apps, here the modded version...

http://rapidshare.com/files/96626253...Touch.rar.html

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

biskitt (2008-03-03), TechnopodMan (2008-03-04)

Thanks for the additional source but even when i install your modded version manually it does not make any difference. I can make the ammendments but the changes do not work they just stay the same as before

Skylar took the Customize off his rep for reasons he will not discuss.

Reako

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

ipirate (2008-03-03)

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    After adding this source, it also added lot of other sources. I cant remember which one is the original that came with installer. I just want to get rid of the unreliable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Guys, as long as you can manually install apps, here the modded version...

http://rapidshare.com/files/96626253...Touch.rar.html

Once i extract this would i need to set any permissions?

or just copy directly into the app folder via SSH?

Hi,

Ive downloaded and installed the http://rapidshare.com/files/96626253...Touch.rar.html
    This is showing as version 1.21 (custom) is that correct? I have changed permissions to 0777 but alas still no joy. When I try and change anything it does not actually take effect it just remains its original. Is anyone aware of anyone else hosting the ammended customize that Skylar used to have?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers B

hey guys there is this new source http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    i just tried it and it worked for 1.1.3. it will crash once or twice just tap the screen couple of times when the chicken appears so good luck

I got Costumize on my 1.1.3 iphone but it dousnt save. everytime i try nothing changes, tryd turning the phone off, and reinstalling custumize butt nothing works...
    some 1 suggestions?

Thanx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast