Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide Last Row on 1.1.3 - workaround found!

Thanks

Default Hide Last Row on 1.1.3 - workaround found!
    I was utterly amazed but completely by accident i have been able to have my 1.1.3 skip the last row of icons.

This is what I did:

1.) After jailbreaking with Ziphone, I wnet about re-installing all my apps. I had about 3 1/2 screens of icons.

2.) I had previously installed Categories.app, but did not do anything with it until now. I went into Categories and set up my sub-menus and added the apps I wanted to each category. I set the Categories setting to hide last row in my submenus.

3.) I then used Poof to hide the icons for those apps I put into the Categories menu.

4.) When I went back to springboard, I started moving the remaining icons to the locations I wanted and noticed a missing icon off the first screen. I also noticed that I still had 4 dots on the springboard, so i flipped to the next screen and there was a couple of icons that I did not hide, and so forth on each of the four screens.

5.) I then moved three more icons off the first screen to the second screen. Voila, they stayed put and no new icons decided to show up on screen #1.

6.) I arranged screen #1 icons as i wanted them, then I moved to the later screens and moved all the icons to screen #2. It actually worked out perfectly to have 3 rows of 4 icons on 2 screens for me.

7.) I have installed new apps since doing this and the icon does show up on screen #1, but if i put the app into a category and hide the icon, it holds leaving the empty bottom row! alternatively, you can move the icon to screen #2 and then to screen #3 or even 4 if needed. Just tried this and it works.

I dont recall if I have powered off my phone or not since doing this. Just did power off and on and yes! the icons stayed put.

1.1.3 is getting better and better.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe i missed the point of this but you do know you can hold an icon till it gets squiggly and arrange them so you have no icons on the 4th row right?
    iLive an iLife

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

that's what I do:-)
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

or you could just ssh and add blank apps
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs