Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Idea for theme, Weather Theme.

Default Idea for theme, Weather Theme.
    I love the illuminated theme where the background changes based on the time of day.

It would be cool if someone made a theme where the background changed based on the weather outside. Kinda like that My Dream App, Atmosphere

I agree, if someone could take the weather widget (since it can take your location from appleaccuweather) and make that a full wallpaper, that would be awsome.

i second to that!

If anyone has any ideas on how to start a theme like this, I would appreciate it. I know that winterboard can use HTML, but I have no idea how I would even start to tie that in with either yahoo or appleaccuweather. I have very limited experience with theming, but I can figure most things out if I really try. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I would grealy appreciate it. thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Doreen made a theme that changes the wallpaper based on the weather, you can find it here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...dget-help.html
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Doreen made a theme that changes the wallpaper based on the weather, you can find it here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...dget-help.html
    i was just going to say the same thing. its an amazing theme and i love it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have seen what your wanting in a MacThemes forum. It's called weather walls and it consists of 38 different wallpapers that change depending on the weather...similiar to iphone's weather app. It also comes with the WeatherWalls.css file needed to make it work. However, I don't know if it is because of the new winterboard update or what, but I can't get it to work. There there you go for what it's worth.

**Update** The theme i'm talking about is from Doreen as well. In the post Chefanim linked here it has a link to what you need.
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 2008-10-10 at 08:57 PM.

I'll have to look at that one. But I just downloaded the theme beaches here. It does exactly what I want it to... Just with a beach added in. I'll change some of those pictures up to match where I live, and I should be good to go.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

That sounds like a killer idea. If winterboard didn't already slow my phone down enough without having to deal with it being linked to yet another process I'd love to see this.